Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I hate to keep talking here, but my battery is draining a little faster than a percent a minute, just on the homescreen with the lowest brightness setting. I've heard of people having to calibrate their batteries, is that what I have to do, and if so how?

Thanks again!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Haven't had that experience I just went over 24 he's on one charge. I don't know about calibrating batteries tho. Stock kernel?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
EPST is Verizon's manual programming menu, accessible via calling ##778, password is 000000

As for the battery, its all good.

And I meant like an actual widget so that I don't have to go to menu allthe time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Last edited:

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Alright well I can download a Mobile Hotspot widget. The battery's good... Sense is actually a real pain to port, so no worries.

What about FM Radio?

By the way, I hope you don't see me as nagging, but rather critiquing or something of that nature.

socojoe87

Reaction score
Been running this ROM for a little over a week now and love it. The only downside is my battery life. I am only managing around 13-14hrs avg, without a bump. The battery as I type this is at only 6hrs 30min and is at 10% from a full charge, no bump. I have setcpu set up and smartass governor chosen. I have my profiles set with smartass too. Why am I getting such crap battery life?

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
No worries I don't hear nagging.

I hope the mobile hotspots app works for you I had tried wifi tether app on beta 13 and it didn't work. Right new it is working however on the newest build.

Umn, sense wont happen. There is no source for the sense stuff and ALOT of stuff has moved in gingerbread that will require revising on sense ui's end that isn't possible (I don't believe) with their prop files. The status bar and lockscreen stuff for example have moved. That's not what I intended on so I wont be putting in the days and weeks to find out if it works or not.

As for the FM app. I can add if enough people ask for it. I have never used it and don't see myself ever using it nor do I know anyone who does. But that said I could add it easily enough.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Try uninstalling that app, I thought my battery life sucked, then I uninstalled that over clocking app, I think it improved battery life. Kinda hard to tell since I haven't really used my phone in a few days.

What's smartass governor by the way? I know it's a power scheme, but is it like for battery or for performance, because "smartass governor" tells me nothing haha

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Been running this ROM for a little over a week now and love it. The only downside is my battery life. I am only managing around 13-14hrs avg, without a bump. The battery as I type this is at only 6hrs 30min and is at 10% from a full charge, no bump. I have setcpu set up and smartass governor chosen. I have my profiles set with smartass too. Why am I getting such crap battery life?

Ill have a newer version of the kernel posted tonight (assuming you are using the kernel that came with the rom) that should help

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score

Ill have a newer version of the kernel posted tonight (assuming you are using the kernel that came with the rom) that should help

Oops didn't finish my idea. The first version I was really conservitave with the voltages and speeds. Like almost aggressive in the opposite direction to make sure everything stayed stable. Alot of tweaks have been added in the past week to help the battle life though like I said ill post something tonight.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
If you don't mind, I actually use FM Radio pretty often, and I would totally appreciate it!

I did some research, and yes Sense wouldn't happen as an add-on if you will, if anything it would have to be released on an official Gingerbread-running phone, then all developers could really do is port that to other phones.

Anyway, other than FM Radio, there is one more thing I'm curious about. By the way, don't worry about EPST, I was using it in stock to mess with the programming/network settings to see if I could fix my 3G connection issue which only happens when tethering, but I suppose it really is Verizon's coverage...
Oh yes, that "one more thing"! On stock android phones, Verizon installs this GPS thing which uses its towers to help triangulate your location. Usually when in Google Maps, my phone will almost immediately pick up a tower and say I'm in Vero Beach. With Gingerbread, and this is all the Gingerbread ROMs I've used, GPS works alone (with Wi-Fi if you enable it) and thus takes longer to hone in on your position.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry about it- taking a little longer for my phone to find my location is a small price to pay for this ROM haha.

But other than that, perfect, perfect, perfect! When can we expect 14, assuming the above doesn't delay you?

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Beta 14 I though was going to be released tonight tomorrow but I need to fix something thats bothering me. So maybe Sunday. I don't think the FM app will make it in by then but I will add it in for the next round or before release 1.0. If it was just the app it would make it but there's more than that.

For battery life seekers I'm going to make a seperate kernel branch that focuses on just that. But the next version of the normal 128-1152hz one will def. Make a difference

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
No prob, thanks again, and no need to rush, whatever you gotta do!

Will this battery enhancing kernel have any negative effects? Decreased performance for example?

socojoe87

Reaction score
Yeah I am running the kernel that came with it. I just realized skyfire uses desktop view as default. Ill switch back to browser that came with and see if that helps. Is there any specific settings needed for setcpu to have the optimal performance /battery life?

Also as I type this it's extremely sluggish. Delayed words showing up, was like this on both skyfire and default browser. Any ideas?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
What's your current clock speed? I only experimented with underclocking for better battery life- got sluggish around 600mhz.