[KERNEL][AOSP/CM][GINGERBREAD ONLY] jdkernel AOSP series v1.0.9 UPDATED 1/22/11

J

jdkoreclipse

Credits: First and foremost, i want to thank Slayher. He put up with 90% of my ignorance with all the errors i had. He was a big help with my compiling, and i want everyone to to recognize that. Also, thanks to slayher to fixing the gingerbread usb problem in the CM Kernel, in which this kernel is based off of.

Other Credits: Cyanogen (cm kernel), Seazner (adding in latest HTC commits), Slayher (look above), Cuviper (inc maintainer with slayher), Invisiblek (general), Cayniarb (modded smartass gov and HAVS) Intersect Raven (HAVS), ziggy471 (help), Google (obvious), HTC (obvious), Bcnice20 (HAVS)

JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER, FLASHING ANY MODIFICATION TO YOUR PHONE DOESNT COME WITHOUT RISK. HOWEVER, I DO TEST MY STUFF BEFORE RELEASE, SO DONT WORRY ABOUT DAMAGING YOUR PHONE WITH MY MODS. ON THE FLIP SIDE, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE, WHICH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: BOOTLOOPS, BRICKS, FREEZES, PERMENANT DAMAGE, ETC

This kernel is an AOSP kernel based off of the latest code from CM7, with a few mods to improve the overall performance of your phone. The improvements arent always speed, but bettery life and heat of the phone. This kernel is FAST, no denying that. However my main concerns are stability, then battery, then speed.

Features:
HAVS
Undervolted
Overclocked
Smartass governor
CFS
BFQ IO Scheduler
SLUB unqueued allocater
More soon!

Bugs:
None.

My kernels will NEVER include:
SBC
An overclock over 1.2 ghz
Any battery driver mods

Download: http://jdkoreclipse.com/jdkernelAOSP5.zip

OP
J

jdkoreclipse

Changelog:
v1.0.0 initial release
v1.0.2 Fixed HAVS voltage big, fixed misc battery draining bug, Changed IO Scheduler to BFQ, fixed stability problems with OMGB (possibly others too)
v1.0.6 Fixed HAVS bugs (via kingklick), fixed BFQ problems, added BFS (kingklick)
v1.0.8 unreleased, added sdcard speedup fix, mostly a github update
v1.0.9 added jdkoreclipse_defconfig,added my commits freshly, sdcard speedup fix, reverted bfs.

roberj13

Reaction score
Good to see it up man. Definitely going to load it up and try it here shortly!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
J

jdkoreclipse

Good to see it up man. Definitely going to load it up and try it here shortly!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Hey roberj!
This kernel is not branded correctly, but it still works

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

OP
J

jdkoreclipse

Battery life is good. I use OMFGB because im developing it with r2 and linuxmotion, but it should be similar with cm.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

jesssiii

Reaction score
Is this kernel a .35 or. 32?

CM7 RCO#26/ Purple Theme
"Call It Beta" Kernel
Berzerker's BAMod Purple
LauncherPro+ w/purple icons
Baseband 2.15.00.09.01

OP
J

jdkoreclipse

Is this kernel a .35 or. 32?

CM7 RCO#26/ Purple Theme
"Call It Beta" Kernel
Berzerker's BAMod Purple
LauncherPro+ w/purple icons
Baseband 2.15.00.09.01
It's .32 for now. Once I get my laptop fixed, I'll get a .35 out as long as invisiblek let's me use his source.