Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

Pacedrum69

Reaction score
nice ROM

I have been running #13 for 3 days...pretty stable...HD record doesnt work... a few FORCE CLOSES w Launcher Pro..(10 or so a day ) 3 re-boots.... otherwise really smooth and fast... any chance of getting a "Sense" based version of this:??? Quadrent scores have been up and down... only 1 scoring higher than all of the other devices.... the resy have been 4th or 5th on the list.... weird

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Force closes with launcher pro I can't really help I don't think as I've seen that feedback from every gingerbread rom and lp.

3 reboots? Where you doing anything particular each time as in the two weeks that I started running this rom daily ive never had a hard or soft reboot the entire time.

Quadrant isn't working just right on the gingerbread rom's at the moment I don't think. I can't actually even get the test to finish personally although I get consistent 41+ on linpack overall speed I feel like a huge improvement over froyo on the butt test which probably doesn't mean much either.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
New version coming very soon. Waiting for to finish building a correction of a string and then have to upload, but here's what's coming:

Fusion Beta - #14

Rotary Lockscreen (optional)
Blinking notifications finally (credit CM)
Silent:Vibrate:Sound volume toggle (optional)
Better audio quality on speaker and headphones
Better stability
Hopefully better battery life and stability out of Fusion Kernel # 11.

See you in a couple of hours.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Well..

I planned on having a new version for you guys but..

I had a catastrophic computer failure that almost made me lose everything. (thank god for backups, even if it was from 5 days ago...) So I spent all night last night reinstalling ubuntu and getting everything to work right since has proved....challenging.

I *should have everything working by tonight I hope and then hopefully I'll have a new release.

Basically my battery on my laptop decided it had had enough last night and imploded on itself right in the middle of the compile. You know how they always say to make sure to shutdown properly, hmm there might be some merit to that.

ffejeroni

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Would you say version 13 is good enough to use as a daily driver until the next release? I'm anxious to load this up and check it out.

Good luck with the laptop.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Ya I would say its good enough to use.the main couple bugs are pretty small just make sure you follow the directions on install.

SKUNKLE88

Reaction score
HELP,

I am a newbie and have owned my incredible for a couple weeks. Last night I put your rom on my phone(1st time). There was no back up assistant so i was unable to load contacts. After some reading I realized I can save them to my google account then import them. I tried returning to my old rom and it wouldn't let me do it through rom manager. So I tried in recovery mode and it gave me a M5 error. I couldn't figure it out so I returned to the recovery date when I rooted. I think i might have messed up one step of your instructions to install. When I tried to wipe data/cache there were several options in recovery. Wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition, I did both. Was this correct? I also noticed in the advanced options to do dalvik-cache wipe - I did not do this, should of I?

I only played with the rom for a little while, but I loved it and would like to put it back on my phone now that I know how to import contacts. I just want to make sure I'm doing things right! Thanks for all your hard work!

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you use backup assistant if you can go to the vzw site and download a csv or something like to import contacts into gmail easier.

Unfortunately I think this is the only way that you are going to be blessed to restore contacts I'd you are using backup assistant. Shame on vzw for pushing that, gmail is better since you know that will be on every android device if you plan on staying with the platform...anyhow....that's besides the point

I've only used gmail for my contacts so hopefully someone can chime in.

As far as wiping just doing the wipe /data factory reset should be fine but there alot of people who do cache seperate also but the step above wipes cache anyhow...so I never have and have never had problems.

Wiping dalvik is recommended if you are going to change kernels but is actually part of /data so it gets wiped with a data wipe too..

I always just wipe data then install rom. But I guess mileage may vary may apply.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
By the way typed on the phone so ignore stupid auto correct errors...I did not type blessed in the second paragraph...lol

SKUNKLE88

Reaction score
No worries, I understood what you said! Thanks for the quick response!! I'm sorry to hear about the crash. Hope things turn around. I think I'll wait for you to finish the next update to install again.

givmedew

Reaction score
Yes you can go to verizonwireless.com/backupassistant and export as csv your gmail account should have already syncd the contacts without even prompting or asking you.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App