Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrvogt

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is having so many issues...it's simple wipe data/cache 3 times...install, let it download all the apps back...and boom you're good to go....

Curious why 3 wipes are needed. At separates times during the install or 3 times in a row? You'd think one wipe would do the trick. Is this with spr recovery?

chris92685

Reaction score
Ok I cant seam to figure this out. I installed the new sdk but adb commands are still not working. Ever time I try to remount the system it says operation not permitted. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I need adb to work for me.

clk55r1d3h

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is having so many issues...it's simple wipe data/cache 3 times...install, let it download all the apps back...and boom you're good to go....

Curious why 3 wipes are needed. At separates times during the install or 3 times in a row? You'd think one wipe would do the trick. Is this with spr recovery?

To be honest I'm not sure that's just the way I did it and it worked perfect no fc nothing...I was up and running in 5 min....

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Birdman has already made a rom from this. It's available at alldroid at the moment. I've been running it with no problems at all. It looks like he fixed busybox and did some other tweaks. Heres the link... [Release - ROM] FLY - Droid Releases - AllDroid Public Board - [Release - ROM] FLY - Droid Releases - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

Uhm, it doesn't look like he did much other than install busybox and combine everything that's on the first page of this thread...

Lol, yes that's true, but that was the point of it.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
arg I had it going agian and I moved a few of my themed apps back and broke the rom again.

I think I figured out which did it. I think I can use my older settings widget, I'll have to retheme this one :(

chris92685

Reaction score
Ok I cant seam to figure this out. I installed the new sdk but adb commands are still not working. Ever time I try to remount the system it says operation not permitted. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I need adb to work for me. can someone pleas help me?? pleas?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Its easy to get it up and running. I keep screwing it up trying to put older widgets in, being lazy

I'll remodify the others to make them green or transparent, maybe i'll try out a red setup on this time around since I have to re-edit alot of what I made green and transparent already.

BCrawford

Reaction score
Installed as per OP with no problems. Very fast!

I have noticed after using album art grabber that all my music is showing up with doubles in the music app.

I tried clearing the music apps data, but I didn't help. Has anyone run into this???

monsterpt

Reaction score
speed??

I'm getting 18 +/- Mflops on Linpack w 2.2 stock. Notice a slow down initially after every reboot then it seems to smooth out and really go to work.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Its all in the order you install the files in

There is 3 files the way I d/l'd it. The rom you install first depending which you d/l'd on which recovery you should boot too. I chose clockwork recovery and I reboot to it then I install from my nandroid restore folder the rom that I d/l'd and extracted with winrar/7zip whichever you prefer. then I copied the extracted folder into my nandroid backbup folder then I rebooted into recovery and first I did all whipes this time I did 3 in row to both wide's. then I installed the rom once it finished I went to install zip from sdcard in my clockwork recovery. then I installed the update.zip I d/l'd as the second file to install. once that is complete without rebooting yet I then go to install from sdcard and chose the kernal that I want 1.2 is what I chose. then I reboot into the working rom asking me to login to google.

Wish I was better at writing up a walk through to help out.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
OK

7:45 AM Sunday... I figure it's safe to post stupid questions now!:)

#1 Does BTVD actually work with this ROM?

#2 Is there a possibility that someone could do a step by step "From stock 2.1 to root to 2.2/Flash"

And I do mean step by step for dummies!

Set CPU... is that included in the ROM or do we need to download that?
Difference between Clockwork and SPRecovery... which works best with this ROM?
Wipe data how do you do that?
Backups ?
Metamorph?

Is there a simple download of the ROM that includes the WIFI?

I told you it was stupid questions!
DUH!

chris92685

Reaction score
Is anyone besides me having trouble with adb not working?

every time i type in adb remount i get (remount failed: operation not permitted)

can someone PLEAS HELP ME?

Krish

Reaction score
Can someone help me? I have froyo 2.2 working perfectly but i cant seem to go into recovery or back it up. It just goes to M symbol and just reboots. I still have SU because i get SU pop ups when i am running things that need root. I have rom manager and it says clockwork is flashed but still no go with the recovery screen or when i hold X. It just hangs at M screen for a while then goes to droid eye and turns on.

Status
Not open for further replies.