Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookerdj

Reaction score
i would just get the ultimatedroid version im sure it works on it. he fixed up a couple things so its more like a custom rom with busybox and what not

Is anyone besides me having trouble with adb not working?

every time i type in adb remount i get (remount failed: operation not permitted)

can someone PLEAS HELP ME?

hookerdj

Reaction score
its a known problem go into rom manager and flash sprecovery then flash clockwork and then try and go into recovery it should work then

Can someone help me? I have froyo 2.2 working perfectly but i cant seem to go into recovery or back it up. It just goes to M symbol and just reboots. I still have SU because i get SU pop ups when i am running things that need root. I have rom manager and it says clockwork is flashed but still no go with the recovery screen or when i hold X. It just hangs at M screen for a while then goes to droid eye and turns on.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
OK

7:45 AM Sunday... I figure it's safe to post stupid questions now!:)

#1 Does BTVD actually work with this ROM?

#2 Is there a possibility that someone could do a step by step "From stock 2.1 to root to 2.2/Flash"

And I do mean step by step for dummies!

Set CPU... is that included in the ROM or do we need to download that?
Difference between Clockwork and SPRecovery... which works best with this ROM?
Wipe data how do you do that?
Backups ?
Metamorph?

Is there a simple download of the ROM that includes the WIFI?

I told you it was stupid questions!
DUH!

OK I just found Titans pretty much step by step but the questions are still on the table... Especially BTVD which is the main and only reason I would root rather than wait for the OTA.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been having trouble getting my Droid to flash SPRecovery. I've followed the directions here and it fails everytime.

Now I have followed the directions to the letter except in one area and that's because it really doesn't make sense. In the instructions it says to put the SPRecovery file anywhere in your computer except your desktop. I've worked about 5 hours with 2 different people and we agree that this shouldn't make a difference, but since I can't seem to complete it can anybody give me a logical explanation as to why you shouldn't leave the file on your desktop?

Also I am using VMware on a Mac running Windows Vista for this process. Has anybody successfully completed this process using the virtual machine?

grinchy

Reaction score
Hulu Player Widget

Make sure your user agent is desktop.
I'm not too bright, what are the instructions to install this?

Well, that "Hulu Player Widget" is a link to a URL...

Here is the deal...

First you have to set it to desktop mode. Type about:debug then enter (or go). Then scroll down to "UA String" and change to desktop. Then hit the back button.

Then you have to go to Hulu Player Widget

Then you can watch (watching now).

The only ***** is that you have to do this EVERY time you launch the browser, or you will get a message that says something about a "proxy" and it won't work...

I type this and nothing happens...screenshot?

RangerXXX

Reaction score
My phone isn't installing the apps I had installed from the market how long does that normally take?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My phone isn't installing the apps I had installed from the market how long does that normally take?

With 2.2, mine took approx 15 mins to completely sync.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Women! ;-)
Got my daughter's graduation next weekend with tons of family on both sides coming. Good Grief the house inside and out has to be perfectly SPOTLESS!!
Worked so hard yesterday that I didn't finish installing all the new goodies until this morning. WOW but is it fast!
I did a factory reset along with a few wipes/cleans/etcs - sometimes I like a fresh start.
Went off without a hitch except for 3G didn't come on for a while. The market was sending me my apps back but at 1X speed. Now everything is back and I've still got a few screens to tidy up. I did a little planning and made an image of my entire SD card on my terabyte backup drive.
2.2, cup of hot coffee, happy wife, clean house, steaks for later.
Man, it don't get NO better :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't know if anyones mentioned this but it appears yahoo mail work on wifi through stock email app.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

lennyjaxn

Reaction score

With 2.2, mine took approx 15 mins to completely sync.

It's been probably an hour and it doesn't seem like it's downloading anything is there a way to force it to?

Mine didn't show any sync or download notifications in the bar, and the market didn't tell me it was doing anything. I just let it sit there and did something else for a while. When I came back, probably 45 minutes later, there was a notification that 54 apps had been downloaded and installed, all at once.

It probably wouldn't mess anything up TOO badly to power-cycle and try again.

the3dolla

Reaction score
OK

7:45 AM Sunday... I figure it's safe to post stupid questions now!:)

#1 Does BTVD actually work with this ROM?

#2 Is there a possibility that someone could do a step by step "From stock 2.1 to root to 2.2/Flash"

And I do mean step by step for dummies!

Set CPU... is that included in the ROM or do we need to download that?
Difference between Clockwork and SPRecovery... which works best with this ROM?
Wipe data how do you do that?
Backups ?
Metamorph?

Is there a simple download of the ROM that includes the WIFI?

I told you it was stupid questions!
DUH!

OK I just found Titans pretty much step by step but the questions are still on the table... Especially BTVD which is the main and only reason I would root rather than wait for the OTA.

I tried btvd on my 2010 Equinox and it does work as you'd expect it to the btvd voice is kind of annoying though! I have to say bluetooth, then voice, then call xxxxxx. I think that is the way it is because of onstar tho, the system is pretty fast so its not to bad. At first I was just gonna go back to a 2.1 rom, but this is working pretty good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.