Froyo OTA bricked phone?

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
Just to separate the two issues, if you've got the problem with your phone looking like it is bricked (but it isn't) after trying to apply an SBF after taking the OTA, I started this topic. Having two completely different issues in one topic is just going to (continue to) be confusing.

bmwrin1990

Reaction score
Just to separate the two issues, if you've got the problem with your phone looking like it is bricked (but it isn't) after trying to apply an SBF after taking the OTA, I started this topic. Having two completely different issues in one topic is just going to (continue to) be confusing.
thanks so much, very helpful

OP

66racer

Reaction score
the origianl problem was being stuck with M logo after ota install, 2.1 with root+ ota install= M logo only thing on screen with working phone in background it appeared

New problem with not getting the sbf recovery to work seems to have been answered with the signature issue. Hope verizon helps and doesnt try to say I tampered with it when their toa originally messed the phone up

bmwrin1990

Reaction score
UPDATE
ok, so i went to the vzw store this morning and thankfully he knew what i was talking about...i told him my phone was just boot looping, so i flashed SBF and it was stuck in bootloader...
he said that it usually takes like 3 weeks to get the updated SBF to fix the issue, so hopefully not everyone will have to go in to get a replacement and someone will figure out how to fix it
he sent me out a new one, getting it tomorrow...

skram7735

Reaction score
Is it possible to get into the recovery after using the SBF 2.1 after OTA 2.2 update? I thought maybe the .604 update.zip might fix this problem, i know it updates the bootloader but i dont know if it would work after the OTA 2.2 bootloader was loaded. Just a thought!

Mayfairkid

Reaction score
BTW, Bootstrapper still works. Just ran it on the OTA 2.2 release. So far, everything but the sbf works :)

Has anyone tried to put Tranquility 2.3.5 on it yet?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
How bout never updating a leaked 2.2. How bout uninstalling bloatware and putting back apk's and the update not working? All bloatware is on, update fully downloaded, phone reboots and starts unpacking. It gets a quarter of the way and reboots. Starts up fine and just says update failed. Any help?

Phone is not bricked. Never flashed SBF. And never updated a leaked version. Just uninstall City ID, News Widget And Amazon MP3. But but all apk's back on and icons are showing and apps are working.

n0m0n

Reaction score
How does one get a SBF?
i have a device that I have to send back becuase of a hardware issue.
Before I box it up I could download the OTA.

Do I need a card, where do I look for it?
How do I download and not install?

Let me know soon becuase I have to get it back so not to see a 500.00 charge on my account.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
How does one get a SBF?
i have a device that I have to send back becuase of a hardware issue.
Before I box it up I could download the OTA.

Do I need a card, where do I look for it?
How do I download and not install?

Let me know soon becuase I have to get it back so not to see a 500.00 charge on my account.

I really don't understand the question you are asking. Type in Google SBF flash and install and you will find answers. I am not at liberty to do so. Sorry.

tonymoreno23

Reaction score
South Florida, and Central Kansas (seasonal)
Same issue, Another Person Here.

Last night, After the initial installation of 2.2 i experienced the hanging "M" logo upon reboot.
This has happened to me before and to resolve this issue i would either pull the battery, and/or
reboot into recovery first to perform a data wipe.
However,
neither of these methods worked, so naturally flashing the phone back to a fresh copy of
2.1 came to mind. While flashing the .SBF file i did notice it was moving along rather quickly,
a lot quicker than i remember, and the dialog box within RSDlite was issuing some strange messages.
None of which i was able to capture, unfortunately.

Upon rebooting while in RSDlite ( the last part of flashing .SBF)
Did i first witness the error message that changed everything.
Rather than rebooting as suggested by RSDlite, the phone stayed in
bootloader, and has displayed the following read out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bootloader
Err: A5,70,70,00,00

Mem_Map Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've repeated the steps over, and over with no luck,
and have also tried out other .SBF files in hopes mine were corrupt..
I've downgraded the bootloader itself, and then attempted to flash 2.1
with no luck, ultimately.

2010-09-22_11-04-50_375.jpg

djjsin

Reaction score
same here man same here.

Whats worse, is i have a droid x and my dad has a droid x. trying to be a nice guy i initiated his 2.2 update lastnight. the thing hung on the Motorola M, so trying to fix it i flashed it using the SBF file. Now the phone is stuck in the bootloader, i've tried the 27.01 bootloader and it doesnt work either. Now he's without a phone, having to get on a plane shortly. he's running down to verizon as we speak.....

I try to be nice and help out and all that this has done is made it look like I broke his phone, when in reality it was all caused by the 2.2 update....