Can't sbf back to froyo Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Rhodesy757, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Rhodesy757

Rhodesy757 New Member

hey guys.

I recently was running the rooted version of gingerbread on my droid x and then changed over to the liberty rom and was running that for awhile.

Anyways I was trying to install the new cyanogenmod rom to my droid x and it messed up so I ended up sbf'ing to the stock gingerbread which was released recently.

I am now trying to sbf back to froyo so that i can get back to rooted gingerbread.

When I try to sbf to 2.3.340 i go through rsd lite and every thing appears to go successfully it just tells me to manually power up the phone manually.

When I do power up my phone though it freezes at the red motorola M. I tried baterry pull. When i reboot it it once again just freezes at the red M. I also booted into recovery and wiped data and data cache.

I am able to sbf my phone back to the gingerbread and it runs properly, but i just cannot sbf to froyo 2.3.340

any help would be appreciated here

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. njmartino

njmartino New Member

I've been having the same exact thing happening to me this weekend - no luck besides flashing back to gingerbread :(
  3. GoBears

GoBears New Member

Have you guys tried the bootable linux cd that flash froyo? I've went back and forth with no problems using that. I simply can't find a rom that runs as good as rooted gingerbread.

GoBears
  4. njmartino

njmartino New Member

Yes, I finally got it working using the linux cd, works perfect now!