SBF back to Froyo...but help!

Maxwell

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just SBF my Droid X from Gingerbread back to Froyo 2.3.34.

I used RSD Lite 4.8 and sbf 2.3.34

It flashed back to Froyo and the phone turns on (e.g. shows browser icon, Text message, Voicemail, Market icon etc..)

THE PROBLEM: NONE of my hard buttons work!!!( Power button on top of phone, and the other 4 buttons on the bottom of phone ..e.g. home, search, go-back button and setting button) I hit the buttons and no response from phone. I cannot even power down the phone...i have to take battery out to power down...

ALSO the phone is super laggy...when i touch the screen icons...takes like 30 seconds before it responds...then the screen locks up and i cannot do anything. I have to then take battery out then replug back in. Regardless same issue continues...
I cannot type anything on screen cuz the on-screen keyboard does not even pop up when i try to text.

Any suggestions? did i download a bad sbf?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe data?

Turn the phone off, and hold the home and power button until you see a little Android. Then press the search button. The recovery menu will pop up and you need to select factory data reset by using the volume buttons and press ok by using the camera button. It will wipe data. Do the same thing for the cache.

After that is done, reboot and you are good.

SSX v2.0

OP
M

Maxwell

Reaction score
OK thanks
Yes wiping the data and clearing the cashe seemed to have fixed my problem...Just did this now and my buttons are back to functioning order.

THANKS!!!