File cannot be displayed or played.

solsen300

Reaction score
I took a video with my phone and it displays the error when I try to play it back:
"File cannot be displayed or played." Is there anyway to get the video to work?

It seems like a get the error when ever I take a video over 20ish seconds, when I do the below steps, I can take video but it isn't long before I'll take a video and get the error again. It's really annoying.

pull the battery and put it back in. hold the home button, and power up the phone. when the little android guy pops up on the screen, hit the search button. go down to "clear cache" using the volume button, and select it with the camera button, then go down and select yes.

ir3 s13

Reaction score
what worked for me was when your about to record press the menu button>tags> then disable the "auto location tag". seems to fix the problem for me. good luck =)

sandiegorealestate

Reaction score
what worked for me was when your about to record press the menu button>tags> then disable the "auto location tag". seems to fix the problem for me. good luck =)
<br>
<br>
Yes this worked for me, I made a sample video here after and all more other test videos have been working great! So happy because I use my camcorder a lot.<br>
<br>

My test video,<br>
[video=youtube;eToL4crAZjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eToL4crAZjY"]FIX - Droid Video Files - file cannot be displayed or played - YouTube[/video]

ir3 s13

Reaction score
I'm glad that helped
<br>
<br>
Yes this worked for me, I made a sample video here after and all more other test videos have been working great! So happy because I use my camcorder a lot.<br>
<br>

My test video,<br>
[video=youtube;eToL4crAZjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eToL4crAZjY"]FIX - Droid Video Files - file cannot be displayed or played - YouTube[/video]

sonnyrock5

Reaction score
Any ideas of how to play a video that was recorded prior to this information? I recorded 10 minutes of golden video (training for a new job) and I need it!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!