SBF problem.... help please?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by Anedae, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Anedae

Anedae New Member

Alright, I was running 2.3.20 on a rooted DX with rubiX Focused 1.8.9.

When I saw that the SBF file for the 2.3.320 file was released I downloaded it and got set up to flash it and update to the leak.

I completely charged the phone, and followed these instructions: Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

I'm using RSDlite 4.9 on Windows 7 64 bit with the latest motorola drivers installed 4.7.1

I didn't have any trouble whatsoever until it completed flashing and now RSDLite says "Please manually power up this phone" but it is stuck in the "Droid to red eye thing" animation.

I searched google and found [EasyTip™] RSDLite stuck at "Please manually power up this phone." - Mobile Modding.us and tried that, but it still got stuck in the same animation.

When I went into the bootloader again, it still says I'm on 30.03 and NOT 30.04. Does this mean that it didn't apply the SBF?

Please tell me I'm not screwed :icon_eek:
  2. tatuud

tatuud New Member

Boot into factory recovery...wipe data factory reset you should be good to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. Anedae

Anedae New Member

Alright, I tried that - that didn't work. Still stuck on the red eye thing. When I load into the factory recovery it says ... "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" too - don't know if that means anything.

Going to try reflashing the SBF and making sure that RSDLite is working in admin mode. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna try using a different computer. The guide said he had trouble with win7 64 bit... so ...
  4. Anedae

Anedae New Member

Alright, I don't know what I did different this time, but the phone is back up and working. Thanks for your help - I was starting to get a little frantic. Been messing with it for like 2 hours and was afraid I'd kill the battery
  5. tatuud

tatuud New Member

Nice glad to hear it. Might have just not flashed properly the first time.

6. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

Probably. Rsdlite blows balls. sbf_flash all the way. I actually just sbfed the leak tonight as well. Glad my guide helped you (especially the faq :laugh:)