free droid battery door !!!

silverx10

Reaction score
Knock on particle board, I've never had a problem with my battery door.

That being said, I never turn away free stuff.

Thanks for the heads up.

pilot25

Reaction score
Nice. My battery door is fine but I "ordered" 3 just in case.

Someone screwed the pooch, on this one, making it free.

windstrings

Reaction score
So much for that video that shows you how to lift a piece inside the droid that has nothing to do with the claws....

The video just seems to attack it from a different angle.... by lifting the area around the hole makes the little notch fit a little tighter and maybe even raises it a tad too..... but by thickening the pad its much smoother and fits like a glove.

I"ve seen those little stickon metal type spacers before but I can't place where I remember them...... they look similar to the stickon thermal barriers you put on the underside of cpu metal heatsinks.
The second thing that comes to mind are those think stickon magnets... but magnets wouldn't be a good idea since they trigger stuff inside the droid.

I bet someone could simply spread a layer of epoxy about 1" X 1.5", or clear liquid nails or similar and let it dry nice and hard and it would work the same.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
Finally, my order went through. So thats 6 battery covers that I'm going to have. I got my factory cover (works well no issues) installed. I ordered on from Motorola (free of charge) and now I just placed my order for 3 more (also free of charge hehe)
Thanks Verizon.

windstrings

Reaction score
Finally, my order went through. So thats 6 battery covers that I'm going to have. I got my factory cover (works well no issues) installed. I ordered on from Motorola (free of charge) and now I just placed my order for 3 more (also free of charge hehe)
Thanks Verizon.

I suppose you could keep one for spare and drop the others off at a local VRZN store so others don't have to go through the hassle.

J-Buck

Reaction score
Just got 3 and don't even have a droid yet.

Now its time to go on ebay an laugh at all the people bidding on battery doors.

I pity the fool!

**LMAO!!! there going for 15 on ebay. boutta order 3 more and get my ebay hustle on

Zodduska

Reaction score
Didn't want to be a greedy douche so I only ordered two, just in case I somehow manage to lose two I will still have one. Hopefully I will finally be able to stop carrying around my business card inside my droid.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Thank you OP. I ordered mine. I'm pretty curious as to why VZW is giving away battery doors, but I'm not going to complain. The site was a bit laggy, had to refresh a few times.

Reaction score
They probably calculated that it's cheaper to give away free battery doors than to have people come in to the store with issues relating to the battery door coming off and damaging something since all phones are still under warranty, most being under warranty still with verizon themselves.