foxfi texting problem

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
I have been using foxfi for aboot 4 months now. Everthing works fine, but when im playin online(ps3) I get timed out on the game when I send a text. Is anyone else having/had this problem, if so is there a fix?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its because texts use the voice network which disrupts data

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you in a 3G or 4G area?

menozcm

Reaction score
please stop

Please, please, please dont play your ps3/360/other game system over your mobile data connection not only are you hogging a lot of the bandwidth for your area it also is probably one of the main reasons for the removal of grandfathered data plans a lot earlier than expected.

mobile data is NOT a replacement for an ISP

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
On 4g, you shouldn't have this issue, because you can surf and talk on 4g. It could be that you have a slow connection.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please, please, please dont play your ps3/360/other game system over your mobile data connection not only are you hogging a lot of the bandwidth for your area it also is probably one of the main reasons for the removal of grandfathered data plans a lot earlier than expected.

mobile data is NOT a replacement for an ISP

Obviously you don't know how much data a 360 or PS3 uses for online gaming. Watching a Netflix show or movie or streaming music is considerably more.

Its about 10 mb per hour on a very data intensive game. Watch a YouTube video for 2 minutes and you're gonna be well over that.

menozcm

Reaction score
Obviously you don't know how much data a 360 or PS3 uses for online gaming. Watching a Netflix show or movie or streaming music is considerably more.

Its about 10 mb per hour on a very data intensive game. Watch a YouTube video for 2 minutes and you're gonna be well over that.

just to test your theory i played just a 3 min game and 10 min game of twisted metal on ps3 through my phone and im at 5.18MB down 7MB up all that for less than 15 min so that puts me @ ~45-50MB/hour

edit i agree netflix and streaming music use more data overall. still your phone should not be a replacement for a home ISP

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
just to test your theory i played just a 3 min game and 10 min game of twisted metal on ps3 through my phone and im at 5.18MB down 7MB up all that for less than 15 min so that puts me @ ~45-50MB/hour

edit i agree netflix and streaming music use more data overall. still your phone should not be a replacement for a home ISP

I play MW3, Assassins Creed Revelations and BF3 and they don't use that much data. This is on 360 though, not sure if its different, I was just assuming it would be similar

menozcm

Reaction score
I play MW3, Assassins Creed Revelations and BF3 and they don't use that much data. This is on 360 though, not sure if its different, I was just assuming it would be similar

they are diffrent for each game/system and it also changes if you are hosting a game vs connected to another system(here is an expamle from MW3 Ever Wondered How Much Bandwidth Modern Warfare 3 Uses? | FPSWin - All The Latest First Person, Shooter and First Person Shooter News)

OP
onelowbirD68

onelowbirD68

Reaction score
I use my phone cuz I pay for unlimited so why not use it, and the only internet I can get at my house is 56k dial up unless I want to spend an ext. $100 each month for hughes net. The ppl. At Hughes net told me they it not recommended for anything but email and fb.

trentphipps

Reaction score
This is why were going to lose our unlimited data plans. Buck up and pay for a ISP. Do you think I like spending 30 a month for data for me and my wifes phone then spending 50 on RR? No I hate it. Tethering is okay if you can be responsible about. If your paying 10 buxs for Netflix get a ISP

menozcm

Reaction score
This is why were going to lose our unlimited data plans. Buck up and pay for a ISP. Do you think I like spending 30 a month for data for me and my wifes phone then spending 50 on RR? No I hate it. Tethering is okay if you can be responsible about. If your paying 10 buxs for Netflix get a ISP

or if you are going to use that much data not on the phone then pay for the tethering plan. i used to tether to use my computer when visiting my grandparents who have no internet connection but i am no longer doing that now that i have my modded bionic lapdock.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
trentphipps said:

Do you really think unlimited data would be around forever if people used it more "responsibly"? It was only a matter of time before Verizon decided to get more money for it. Regardless, unlimited data is going away so I say use it to death while you can.