foxfi texting problem

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use my phone cuz I pay for unlimited so why not use it, and the only internet I can get at my house is 56k dial up unless I want to spend an ext. $100 each month for hughes net. The ppl. At Hughes net told me they it not recommended for anything but email and fb.

Where I'm at, I can't even get dial up.

trentphipps

Reaction score
Use it the way its intended, or pay for a true tethering plan. I guess we could be like everyone else abd have our services throttled because of people streaming with a phone. We are all wrong using foxfi. But its there so use it but dont put us on the radar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

menozcm

Reaction score
Do you really think unlimited data would be around forever if people used it more "responsibly"? It was only a matter of time before Verizon decided to get more money for it. Regardless, unlimited data is going away so I say use it to death while you can.

it would have taken longer for them to stop the grandfathering of unlimited data. its like a kid with a candy bowl if its always full and the kid eats it all quickly every time you refill it you start to put less in each time, if that same kid eats it slowly you dont really care about keeping it filled because the kid is being responsible.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
menozcm said:
it would have taken longer for them to stop the grandfathering of unlimited data. its like a kid with a candy bowl if its always full and the kid eats it all quickly every time you refill it you start to put less in each time, if that same kid eats it slowly you dont really care about keeping it filled because the kid is being responsible.

Maybe. I use less than 3 gb a month and I have an ISP. I'm just saying it's going away, so use it.

menozcm

Reaction score
Maybe. I use less than 3 gb a month and I have an ISP. I'm just saying it's going away, so use it.
and that is fine if all that is through the phone and not unauthorized tethering. foxfi should be used for the occasional tethering not as a replacement for an ISP.

chinkster

Reaction score
if its under 2gb or even double the data 4gb, whats the problem? so you want me to pay for my data but not use it any way i choose? as long as you don't go over your 2/4gb, feel free to do as you please! gobble up the whole 2gb or 4gb!

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
menozcm said:
and that is fine if all that is through the phone and not unauthorized tethering. foxfi should be used for the occasional tethering not as a replacement for an ISP.

It's fine as long as I use it however I want. I usually use a USB tether, but I use foxfi sometimes. I think Verizon charging extra to use a phone as a hot spot is ridiculous. Let people use the data they pay for however they see fit. After all, if you use too much "unlimited" data, it will be throttled.

menozcm

Reaction score
It's fine as long as I use it however I want. I usually use a USB tether, but I use foxfi sometimes. I think Verizon charging extra to use a phone as a hot spot is ridiculous. Let people use the data they pay for however they see fit. After all, if you use too much "unlimited" data, it will be throttled.

but its not your data you are just paying to have access to their network, so its how they see fit.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
menozcm said:
but its not your data you are just paying to have access to their network, so its how they see fit.

If everyone thought like you we'd be paying hundreds of dollars a month just for a data plan. I pay over a hundred dollars a month for one phone with Verizon, which is more than I pay for my home phone and internet combined. They can charge whatever they want to use their network, but they aren't the only option I have so that wouldn't be a good idea.

menozcm

Reaction score
but they aren't the only option I have so that wouldn't be a good idea.

and that is why they charge what they do. but in your agreement with Verizon you agree to use their network with their terms which means that if you want to tether you need to have a tethering plan

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
menozcm said:
and that is why they charge what they do. but in your agreement with Verizon you agree to use their network with their terms which means that if you want to tether you need to have a tethering plan

Or a USB cable. I understand how it works. I'm just giving my opinion on how I think it should be. I'm fine with getting rid of unlimited data. I think it is responsible of Verizon to do that. I do think the price is a little steep. $30 for a measly 2 gb? I also think it is overkill to charge another $30 to use your device as a hot spot. If I pay for 2 gb, let me use that 2 gb however I want.

chinkster

Reaction score

What do you work for Verizon or something? You sound like you like getting nickel and dimed. If that's the case I got a investment opportunity for you with 50% guaranteed annual returns.

HP Touchpad CM9

mikeg8r1

Reaction score
I am new to droid forums and have a question that I'm not sure has been answered yet. I have recently downloaded the FoxFi app off of my PC (because it is not available on Sprint's Google Play) and am having the issue of not having my laptop connect to my Sprint 3g network. I have the new samsung galaxy s 3 and am coming from htc which does not support outside wifi apps such as FoxFi. My computer goes through the motions of trying to troubleshoot the connectivity problem but fails to do so every time. I have my devices driver currently downloaded on my pc and have restarted both (phone and pc) several times and still no luck. Anyone having the same issue with FoxFi and or if u have, did u fix the issue?...and HOW?

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I can't believe how many people I see in here shilling for Verizon.... Smh....

I use my cable internet for gaming, but when I'm on the road I tether the hell out of my original droid. I sit in my truck watching movies or video chatting with my wife. Not uncommon to exceed 6-8gb in a weekend.

Truckstop wifi sucks! I would tether my Note but AT&T coverage sucks in remote areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
We don't have ANY internet source here other than our phones. I originally bought Easy tether in 2011 (May) then found FoxFi this past March and I've been using that since. I mean its free who wouldn't want that o__o

-Sent from DROID RAZR using DroidForums.