Found a 1700mAh Battery for Thunderbolt

iRenegade

Reaction score
[
what about the size of the battery? is it thicker at all? do you need a new backing?

No, it's the same size as the stock battery.
BTW, I am at 70% now 4 hours total, 1st hour wifi, last 3 hours 4G, I turned off GPS. Mostly standby the last 2 hours.

Note that this is my first charge for the 1700 battery, and I anticipate it getting better like the stock 1400 battery with a couple more charging cycles.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well im going to give the extended bat a try today. i know it lasts its just so big. if i can stand it ill prob try that.

iRenegade

Reaction score
Okay, it's 8 hrs now on my first charge and I'm down to 20%. I've been rebooting trying to get Swype back(and tried to reinstall)-I lost it somehow. I was fooling around with Google translator for a while too! :) Hopefully the next charge will get me longer time!

OP
P

Pizza33

Reaction score
Okay, it's 8 hrs now on my first charge and I'm down to 20%. I've been rebooting trying to get Swype back(and tried to reinstall)-I lost it somehow. I was fooling around with Google translator for a while too! :) Hopefully the next charge will get me longer time!

Thanks for the status updates :)

I'm probably going to buy the set and sell the charger and the other on eBay since I already have a charger.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting this but ai already bought the extended from vzw ill just stock with it. I'm getting used to it and my leather belt case stretched a bit so it fits now. I'm on 10 hours 75%

Sent from the future using my flux capacitor

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Tagging this thread for future updates. Likely going to buy a Thunderbolt this weekend. Please let us know if these alleged 1700mah batteries are actually an improvement.

iRenegade

Reaction score
Okay charged and bumped again last night the same 1700 battery after it got down to 15%. Lighter use today, all 4G, a few short phonecalls(under 3 minutes each), some texting, browsing and FaceBook. No downloads or streaming. Now 7 hours at 50%.

iRenegade

Reaction score
Got to about 9 3/4 hours before I hit the 20% warning. 100% 4G-no streaming. Let's see what tomorrow brings! I may try something different-like manually retrieving EMs and checking FaceBook.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Got to about 9 3/4 hours before I hit the 20% warning. 100% 4G-no streaming. Let's see what tomorrow brings! I may try something different-like manually retrieving EMs and checking FaceBook.

Sounds good... keep the updates coming. I'm still checking the thread and am interested.

If you were only using one of the batteries and didn't want the second one, I would float you some money on Paypal for it.

Last edited:

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score

Is this better than you were at with the stock battery cause to me this battery life sucks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

iRenegade

Reaction score
okay, same battery over night charged on standby. light use-some Facebook, Em's, texts. The big difference-> 100% 3G. 7 1/2 hours 70%.
Either 4G is a huge drain, or my 4G reception at work is not great. let's see how long I last with 3G today.
@shoot2-> I'm going to keep both batteries. So far so good and it looks like the charge is longer than the 1400 stock so far. Still too early to tell for sure.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Hmm I still don't think 7+ hours and at 70% is that great I'm at 5 hours and 85% on stock battery.

Edit: I guess kernel and clock speed is gonna be a factor in the testing also.

Last edited:

iRenegade

Reaction score
@ GSX- LOL! It's great for me. The stock battery barely made it to 8 hours on 4G with medium use. BTW, I am not rooted.

Same 1700 battery -> 13 hours 60% on 3G, mostly stand by the last 2 hours. Gonna burn a little awake/online time now.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
@ GSX- LOL! It's great for me. The stock battery barely made it to 8 hours on 4G with medium use. BTW, I am not rooted.

Same 1700 battery -> 13 hours 60% on 3G, mostly stand by the last 2 hours. Gonna burn a little awake/online time now.

Haha well that's awesome then maybe I can get two days out of a charge. I'm in 3g only though I don't work or live in a 4G and root that beast already haha

shoot2scre

Reaction score

What is the battery life like on 4G all day?

I'm in Metro Detroit and we are completely 4G. I would have to drive 2-3 hours to get out of 4G coverage. I'm really dragging my feet on getting the Thunderbolt because I'm worried about the battery life (being on 4G all day, everyday). I don't want the added bulk of the extended battery... which is why I'm so interested in this thread.

Thanks,
Jason