Found a 1700mAh Battery for Thunderbolt

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
@ GSX- LOL! It's great for me. The stock battery barely made it to 8 hours on 4G with medium use. BTW, I am not rooted.

Same 1700 battery -> 13 hours 60% on 3G, mostly stand by the last 2 hours. Gonna burn a little awake/online time now.

What is the battery life like on 4G all day?

I'm in Metro Detroit and we are completely 4G. I would have to drive 2-3 hours to get out of 4G coverage. I'm really dragging my feet on getting the Thunderbolt because I'm worried about the battery life (being on 4G all day, everyday). I don't want the added bulk of the extended battery... which is why I'm so interested in this thread.

Thanks,
Jason

There are free apps in the market to keep it in 3g and easy to switch back when you need 4G speed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

shoot2scre

Reaction score
There are free apps in the market to keep it in 3g and easy to switch back when you need 4G speed.

Yeah, I read about that and knew about it, but it sort of defeats the purpose of buying a 4G phone. I would prefer to be able to just leave it in 4G since that's the main selling point for the phone.

Like I said, I'm just curious and interested in how long the 1700mAh batter is going to last on 4G all day. Thanks for the heads up though.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Until 4G is more widespread I think 4G battery issues are not going to be phone specific.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Until 4G is more widespread I think 4G battery issues are not going to be phone specific.

Yup... I think that at some point there will have to be a minimum battery spec on all 4G phones. Obviously it will be larger than 1400mAh.

qoncept

Reaction score
Yup... I think that at some point there will have to be a minimum battery spec on all 4G phones. Obviously it will be larger than 1400mAh.
As the technology matures it'll get more efficient.

The battery life of this phone is absolutely horrible, period. Mine has never even seen 4g and I can't make it through the day. Sure miss my X.

jerrywesley

Reaction score

The battery life of this phone is absolutely horrible, period. Mine has never even seen 4g and I can't make it through the day. Sure miss my X.

Here's how I see it,

4G is fantastic for a hotspot, otherwise 3G is plenty fast enough for everything else. Download LTE OnOff. It's free and it looks like a telco guy or girl developed it just to let the public have a solid option quickly.

If you keep it on 3G it's a great phone, it's fast and the battery last a long time relatively speaking. with two button clicks you can turn on 4G whenever you need a hot spot.

The problem you are most likely having is roaming between 3G and 4G. That kills the battery. You can also nail up 4G with the LTE OnOff App.

If you still need a serious battery then get the 2750 mha.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score

Here's how I see it,

4G is fantastic for a hotspot, otherwise 3G is plenty fast enough for everything else. Download LTE OnOff. It's free and it looks like a telco guy or girl developed it just to let the public have a solid option quickly.

If you keep it on 3G it's a great phone, it's fast and the battery last a long time relatively speaking. with two button clicks you can turn on 4G whenever you need a hot spot.

The problem you are most likely having is roaming between 3G and 4G. That kills the battery. You can also nail up 4G with the LTE OnOff App.

If you still need a serious battery then get the 2750 mha.

+1 agreed this thread is off topic though any new data on this battery?

iRenegade

Reaction score
Yesterday's results:
100% 4G noting the reception-most of the time at work I had 2 bars at the most. Outside and at home I get all the bars. about 12 hours with light use, a couple of calls, a bunch of texts, some EM and FaceBook, no streaming. This was the 3rd charge on the same battery. I swapped out with the other 1700 battery that came in this eBay sale last night. 9 hours 50% at $G 100% of the time, with about 1 hour FaceBook, a few calls and EMs, GPS 100% (awake time 2 hours).
These batteries seem to last at least the same rate as the 1400 stock, probably more(my use has not been consistent to say for sure yet), and it's only been 3 charges on the first 1700 battery.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Yesterday's results:
100% 4G noting the reception-most of the time at work I had 2 bars at the most. Outside and at home I get all the bars. about 12 hours with light use, a couple of calls, a bunch of texts, some EM and FaceBook, no streaming. This was the 3rd charge on the same battery. I swapped out with the other 1700 battery that came in this eBay sale last night. 9 hours 50% at $G 100% of the time, with about 1 hour FaceBook, a few calls and EMs, GPS 100% (awake time 2 hours).
These batteries seem to last at least the same rate as the 1400 stock, probably more(my use has not been consistent to say for sure yet), and it's only been 3 charges on the first 1700 battery.

This sounds promising. Maybe check back in with us after a week of solid use on one battery to report your average daily run times. If you wanted to be precise about it, screen cap the battery use info page so we can see what was causing the drain, etc. I'm going to roll with the standard battery for a few days (purchased phone on Saturday) and see what kind of running time I'm getting.

Thanks again.

backdown00

Reaction score
For those who have some question about the Mah of these batteries, for those who own them - there is a widget on the marketplace called Battery Monitor Widget by 3c06 .The moment you open this widget it tells you the total Mah of the current battery and how much Mah is left.

This could help to shed some light on the true Mah of these 1700 batteries. It is currently reading my stock battery as 1350 Mah. I am interested to know what these other batteries will read as.

hobby31

Reaction score
For those who have some question about the Mah of these batteries, for those who own them - there is a widget on the marketplace called Battery Monitor Widget by 3c06 .The moment you open this widget it tells you the total Mah of the current battery and how much Mah is left.

This could help to shed some light on the true Mah of these 1700 batteries. It is currently reading my stock battery as 1350 Mah. I am interested to know what these other batteries will read as.

Hummmm....I just downloaded this widget and ran it. It shows the battery as a 1350 mAh. I got the 2 x 1700 mAh with a charger off ebay. The company was cellitech or something like that based in california. I got a red battery and a black battery. They both have HTC on them and 1700 mAh on them and look official. I paid $42 in the auction. I wonder if the widget reads the phone and lists what the phone is supposed to have instead of the actual? I've got the 2750 mAh from verizon when I bought the phone but wanted to go back to the thinner side. I'm at work right now and will put the battery in when I get home and see what this widget reads.

backdown00

Reaction score

Hummmm....I just downloaded this widget and ran it. It shows the battery as a 1350 mAh. I got the 2 x 1700 mAh with a charger off ebay. The company was cellitech or something like that based in california. I got a red battery and a black battery. They both have HTC on them and 1700 mAh on them and look official. I paid $42 in the auction. I wonder if the widget reads the phone and lists what the phone is supposed to have instead of the actual? I've got the 2750 mAh from verizon when I bought the phone but wanted to go back to the thinner side. I'm at work right now and will put the battery in when I get home and see what this widget reads.

That is very interesting. Maybe it reads everything at 1350 :(. I thought this would have been a good way to solve this mystery - damn! I look forward to hearing what it says about your extended battery.

dafischman

Reaction score

This is an awesome app/widget. Just downloaded, and it shows my stock battery as 1350 as well. Not that 50mAh is huge, but it's surprising that it's even smaller than advertised.

Josh

shoot2scre

Reaction score

Well... it's entirely possible that the batteries are simply really good fakes. I wouldn't put it past someone looking to make a quick buck. If they are listed at 1350mAh then I would assume that's the true value.

In any event, I took my phone of the charger around 7 this morning. At this point, 4G all day, some texting, no phone calls though, I'm at 50%. Been a pretty typical day, use wise. Loaded up a game in the morning, facebook, texts through the day. Looking at my battery stats, the game stayed running and was eating up a good portion of my battery before I manually stopped the app. (was at 22% battery use when I caught it, around 11... at like 12% now).

TL;DR - Phone is at 50% (9 hours uptime) and has room to improve.

Using a standard battery, DAS BAMF, 1.4ghz kernel (setcpu limiting it to 1ghz max, smartass governor on), brightness set to 20% (or so).