Are all these batteries crap or okay?

Pizza33

Reaction score
I am looking into buying an extra battery for my thunderbolt and found some on eBay. Some obviously look like crap, but found a few that might not be. Would like some feedback before I buy.

USA - Seller $25 (w/ charger)
Battery+HOME Charger 4 Verizon thunderbolt 1500mAh NEW - eBay (item 170616268092 end time Apr-14-11 20:51:00 PDT)

Apparent OEM $25 ( no charger)
OEM Replacement Battery Verizon HTC Thunderbolt BD42100 - eBay (item 360345358396 end time Apr-18-11 12:42:14 PDT)

The rest I found were all Chinese 3 batteries plus charger for $12 which is obviously too good to be true.

I am thinking about getting the battery from the first one (USA Seller)

Feedback is appreciated thanks!

massivegunz

Reaction score
Be careful. Some US sellers are guys who bought in bulk from out of country. Sometimes you'll just get the same battery just priced more. Anyways, I'm trying my luck with the Ebay battery. Worst case I pay the insurance deductible. Ill let you know how they are when I get them.

Kack

Reaction score
it would be nice to get some more feedback on this! i just bought 2 1700 mah batteries with a charger from a us seller but im sure it is an out of country battery. but im sure everything in the phone including the stock oem battery is from out of country some third world place. but i will let anyone interested in knowing how they fair.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
it would be nice to get some more feedback on this! i just bought 2 1700 mah batteries with a charger from a us seller but im sure it is an out of country battery. but im sure everything in the phone including the stock oem battery is from out of country some third world place. but i will let anyone interested in knowing how they fair.

i have these batteries your talking about they are from this website htc battery HDMI cellphone htcexpress - HTCEXPRESS and they work great. after a couple charges i am getting 8-10 hrs of life from them. and thats with game play txt and checking emails and a couple calls thrown in. they last longer than the stock battery and i dont know i think its an htc site or a spin off because the batteries have "htc" on them? like i said they get better life and they are cheap. what more do you need?

bob

techguru

Reaction score

i have these batteries your talking about they are from this website htc battery HDMI cellphone htcexpress - HTCEXPRESS and they work great. after a couple charges i am getting 8-10 hrs of life from them. and thats with game play txt and checking emails and a couple calls thrown in. they last longer than the stock battery and i dont know i think its an htc site or a spin off because the batteries have "htc" on them? like i said they get better life and they are cheap. what more do you need?

bob

They are not an HTC spinoff, they are just infringing the trademark knowing that they won't get punished in China. Worst that can happen is they get an import restriction in a couple of countries that care about that kind of thing.

The batteries do seem to be pretty good quality though (I got the 1500mah before the 1700 were available, but I seriously doubt the 1700mah's really are. I think they are all 1450, but having two spares and a charger for $24 is pretty good. I bought mine through Amazon (one of their partner resellers) which I trust a bit more than an eBay merchant.

The charger concerns me a little. When I plugged my old Incredible into the auxiliary USB port, it locked up. Wasn't willing to try it on my new Thunderbolt after that.

Alan

iRenegade

Reaction score
There's another thread for the 1700 battery from couple of weeks ago. Check it out!