For those of you who see the pixelation and have had the phone a while...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please read above, all the screens are Pentile technology, Bionic's Pentile, Super AMOLED and Super AMOLED +.

wingdo

Reaction score
Please read above, all the screens are Pentile technology, Bionic's Pentile, Super AMOLED and Super AMOLED +.

Yeah fine you are correct there.

But you still flat out are not supporting your statement that the super AMOLED plus screens are 18% more energy effieient than Motorola's pentile display when that is not at all what your reference states.

Your reference still shows that the super AMOLED plus is 18% more efficient than the non plus version.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I had the phone for about a week and took it back primarily, because I felt that for $300 and a 2yr contract I shouldn't have to try and overlook a bad screen. Other than 4G the phone didn't feel any "faster" than my incredible 2. So I went back to it. It's up to the indivdual but I am not going to pay a premium price for a far inferior screen. I even think the OG has a better screen..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
why the F do people start arguing in every thread?

i never see pixellization unless i have my contacts out and hold my phone up about 4 inches from my nose. then its noticable when i scroll or zoom pages and pics around. very happy with the phone.

billyk

Reaction score
Prior to buying the Bionic, I researched Pentile technology on the net to understand what it is and what it isn't. Doing so helped to get past the inaccurate statements made on forums. Just Google it and do some reading.

Bottom line is that there's no "one best" display - each has pros/cons and you need to weigh them out for you.

To answer the OP's question, yes I know about the pros and cons of each display and given that, I am thrilled with the Bionic display and it took no time to become and stay thrilled!

Oxymoron

Reaction score
You know... I sent my Bionic back, but being back on my OG for a couple weeks, I find myself missing the Bionic.

The screen was only one reason I sent it back, not a dealbreaker at all. I had gotten used to that mostly. It still bothered me a little, but it bothered me less each day I had it. I suspect it eventually would not have bothered me at all.

I miss how bright and vibrant it was, and how incredibly superior it is for viewing in direct sunlight. The OG display is more aesthetically pleasing, however. Though, I don't know how much good that does if you can't see it in the first place. The low power consumption was also very impressive.

The screen was not why I returned it, if not for the other bugs I would still have it.

*customized tapatalk signature*

rza49311

Reaction score
I've had mine for a week and a half. I saw the pixels right away but I'm pretty much over it now.

lazarus2297

Reaction score

i never see pixellization unless i have my contacts out and hold my phone up about 4 inches from my nose. then its noticable when i scroll or zoom pages and pics around. very happy with the phone.

I hope you weren't referring to me as arguing... I just stated my opinion which if I am not mistaken that is what the op asked and also is pretty much the basis for a forum website to start with..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Really? It's because we here on the Droid Forums are the most passionate Android users anywhere on the web. People argue because they love to defend their devices, nothing wrong with that. Some threads spark really great debates, others...well they just get ugly. Take the good with the bad and remember we're all brothers (and/or sisters) here. When things get nasty, remember...Apple is the real enemy here :)

ice456789

Reaction score
Back to the topic, I am one that is VERY annoyed by the screen. I've had the phone for about 10 days now and it still annoys me. I would put it on a level of annoyance with a couple dead pixels on a computer screen. Of course a computer screen with a few dead pixels is completely usable but every time you see them it just upsets you. You think it should just be better.

I should point out that only a small portion of people are bothered by this screen, and out of everyone on these forums I seem to be among the most bothered (or maybe just the most vocal). As I use the phone it has become more tolerated but every time I notice the effect (which is often) I think of returning the phone and waiting for the Vigor or Prime. I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to keep it, I have to see what people are saying about those phones.

I would also like to add that in no way is Liderc a troll. He's been very helpful on this forum to me and many others. Think twice before you call someone a troll, because that one comment is what took this entire thread off topic.

danwanna

Reaction score
I can see the pixelation when I hold the phone close but it really doesn't bother me. For me the extra brightness outside and better battery life is well worth a little pixelation up close. I've had a lot of Androids since the OG Droid and the Bionic's screen is easily the most readable outside. With LTE off (not turned on in my area yet) I get a lot better battery life than on any of the others as well.

scdown

Reaction score
I see the black dots a LITTLE but it is definitely not enough to be annoying. You'll get used to it. You'll start USING the phone more than looking for pixels and you'll forget all about it. Trust me. dancedroid

It's like buying a digital camera - you start out pixel peeping, and then you stop - unless of course your initial impression is so bad that you just return it. I've gotten used to it on mine.