Famous Tipster Claims Motorola Bringing the First Moto Nexus Device in Q4 This Year

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Remember, those unlimited plans are worth $$ on ebay. Sold my single unlim line for $200!

And that's just crazy. For all the talk about VZW waging war on unlimited plans, it boggles the mind that they allow them to be sold.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Goodness gracious(ness), will Moto and Google team up to deliver a superior Nexus device with some well thought out Glass-like touches? :happy3: Bigger question ....... Will Verizon carry the damn thing???????? :icon_eek:

Stay tuned, Bat, errr Moto, errr Nexus fans.
I like to dream big, but I think kodiak799 is right, there isn't enough leakage (i.e., recent tech news) and there isn't enough time before Q4. :(

I'll go on record saying if a Moto Nexus come out in Q4 it will basically be the Moto X with perhaps a faster cpu, maybe one or two other small tweaks, and finally off-contract at the much anticipated $300-$350. And 50/50 it's available on VZW.
Very solid prediction.

Bigger question ....... Will Verizon carry the damn thing???????? :icon_eek:

I agree with everything you said minus it being available on Verizon. I find Verizon getting a 50/50 chance to have an unlocked Nexus device for $300-$350 is simply a pipe dream. I'd go 90/10 that Verizon doesn't get it and I even feel that's a generous estimate.

If Verizon passes on this device, I'm fairly certain that'll be the last straw for me.

Wondering/thinking the same thing myself. Really frustrating that Nexus phones and Verizon seem to have a very poor relationship.

-Matt

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Does this possibility completely change what you were considering purchasing for your next smartphone this year?

Not unless the display is at least 5.5 inches! And I wonder if Moto even remembers how to produce a phone without a locked bootloader. It would seem it's muscle memory for them at this point.

Why does it seem that so many people want a huge screen and that a huge screen means that it is a high end phone. I would love for them to make a razr m size Moto Nexus with on screen buttons. Keep the size down, it is a phone, not a tablet. I have a GNex now and I think the screen is a little big and is awkward to use a decent amount of the functions with one hand. Yea it is nice for watching movies, but i would sacrifice that convenience for a smaller more comfortable phone.

I hope this rumor turns out to be true because I can't wait to use a phone with strong radios again and having a nexus has spoiled me from ever wanting a non-nexus phone again. My GNex signal is awful when comparing to friends and family members with Razrs.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Looks like I came to ATT at the right time. Hopefully they release a vzw version for you guys.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Here is an example. Just use this similar verbiage for your auction!

Verizon Grandfathered Unlimited Data Line | eBay

I'm thinking $200 is way too cheap for selling unlimited. You should have included from the buyer:

- first-born child
- 10% of their garnished wages for 1 year
- one date a month with their s.o.
- and DOZENS of freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies -- the TOLL HOUSE recipe

I mean come on. Unlimited ftw!

-Matt

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Push out a Moto Nexxus device that dual boots Ubuntu/Android then I'll be interested.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Push out a Moto Nexxus device that dual boots Ubuntu/Android then I'll be interested.

Wondering if the moto x G.E will just be the moto nexus. Makes no sense to have both moto nexus and moto x g.e.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Wondering if the moto x G.E will just be the moto nexus. Makes no sense to have both moto nexus and moto x g.e.
I would think that the Moto Nexus is going to be an entirely different device. Dunno....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would think that the Moto Nexus is going to be an entirely different device. Dunno....

If that is the case then they are over saturating the market, that alone their brand, with the droid line, moto x, and now a nexus to add to the other devices in the market. But again this is still a rumor so can not put to much stock into it until Google and/or Motorola annouces it themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
If that is the case then they are over saturating the market, that alone their brand, with the droid line, moto x, and now a nexus to add to the other devices in the market. But again this is still a rumor so can not put to much stock into it until Google and/or Motorola annouces it themselves.

Look at Samsung though...talk about flood.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Look at Samsung though...talk about flood.

True.

They are becoming the poster child with a galaxy, galaxy note brand, bigger than a galaxy note brand, a galaxy mini, a camera. Man they are going to get every ounce of they galaxy brand name.