[Rumor] Motorola Working on New Droid to Launch in Q4, 2014

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 27, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

It's been quite some time since Motorola brought forth any new tech. They definitely have avoided their previous history of spamming out devices, but the Moto G and Moto X were launched in the middle of last year. According to this latest rumor, it might be even longer before we see anything new from Moto, but when we do, it could be something worth taking notice of again.

Supposedly, Motorola is developing a new Droid model which will launch in the fourth quarter of this year. Here's a quote with more of the details,

We aren't sure just how accurate this intel is, but it wouldn't be too surprising if it came true. Motorola needs to build a new device to avoid getting too far behind in the game. Whether that is a new Moto X or a new Droid (or both) remains to be seen.

Source: PhoneArena

• Like Like x 4
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Really looking forward to seeing if this rumor pans out. I love the Moto Droids

• Like Like x 1
  3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +934
    the MotoX is a nice size...if they can increase the screen size on the same footprint that's good news.

Otherwise, bump the ram and processor...and add an SD (now that Google is mostly out of the picture) and you have a huge hit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +351
    It's about time! Can't wait!! I hope they bring back the cool advertising that went along with the OG droids.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I would say stick with stock Android as well, just with a nice theme that doesn't get in the way.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    My wife and I both moved from the OG Droid to the OG Razr to the Moto X, and I've got to say that I like the "happier" feel of the Moto line compared to the "robot" feel of the Droid line. I actually just ordered my Moto X on Monday under the $0.01 promo running at Moto Maker (thru 4/13), so I'm hoping to have my new phone early next week. My wife got hers about 2 weeks ago outside of the promo, so we missed the boat on hers. It was unfortunate to have to lose our unlimited data, but at least we got hooked up with the Loyalty Max unadvertised Verizon plans, so I at least feel that we are getting the best of both worlds ("free" phones and more data than we currently use for the same price).

7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I was considering jumping ship to a Windows device.. I still might and have this upcoming device to fall back on..

8. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +622
    "It's been quite some time since Motorola brought forth any new tech"

I take issue with that line. It should read: "
    It's been quite some time since Motorola brought forth any new PHONE tech". Otherwise what is this Moto 360 thing I keep hearing about? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief

Ratings:
    +4,254
    Well said LWA... of course I must point out that the Moto 360 is only announced. It hasn't technically been launched yet. ;)

10. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    Here's a crazy idea... how bout working on updating your CURRENT devices, first

Got a Razr Maxx HD in late 2012, and the device has been completely and utterly ignored ever since. Still running the same OS since the day I bought it. Sure would be nice to have KitKat.

This is the second top of the line phone in a row I've gotten on Verizon that was completely ignored with Android updates. First was the HTC Thunderbolt and now this. From now on, I think I'm just going to go and buy straight from Google.

11. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    I'm still holding out hope that Motorola will release a flagship device with a physical keyboard that actually rivals my Droid 4. So far none of the devices released have inspired me to give up my Droid 4. Even though some phones have amazing specs I'd lament not having a physical keyboard.

12. g_what

g_what Member

Ratings:
    +6
    The Moto X was released in the middle of last year. The Moto G was late last year (November is not mid-year).

Just trying to keep the facts straight :laugh:

Search tags for this page
droid razr maxx new model 2014 q4
fourth quarter droid release

moto x2 2014

motorola 2014 q4 phone release
motorola droid q4 2014
motorola droid verizon 2014 launch
new droids 2014

new motorola droid phones 2014

rumors on new droid phone for 2014
upcoming android phones q4 2014