Motorola Prepping Two Phones That Are Not of the Moto Line; Could be New Droids

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
df-og-droid-eye.png

According to famed leaker, @evleaks, Motorola will have another big smartphone launch sometime in the near future, but these new phones will not be part of the Moto series. In fact, he calls out the codenames of two devices as Abbagoochie and Valocia and claims they will be the next Droid Maxx and Droid mini.

Does this mean that the "new-new" Motorola will be abandoning the Moto X line? Probably not. More than likely, under the ownership of Lenovo, Motorola is simply bringing back the Android device lineup which made them famous.

Additionally, he claimed that both of these devices will sport the Snapdragon 801 processor, which would likely indicate a launch sometime this year. What do you guys think? Would you like to see the Droids return? (Obviously that is a rhetorical question.)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have been waiting to see what the 2014 Droid lineup looks like before I make any new phone purchases.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

I'd love to see the Droid brand make a comeback. They need to go back to this ^^^ Who could ever forget :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Classic commercial! I joined the Droid party a little late (Fall of 2010), but thought that commercial was pretty cool when I first saw it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Probably never gonna happen, but I think Moto should release a Droid 5, along with a 5X (or whatever they want to call it) touchscreen only - without the sliding keyboard and then a Mini model also for the folks that like smaller phones. Lots of choices for everyone there.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You know those people still got a bill from Verizon even though the phones fell from the sky! :p