Moto X+1: Next Moto X or Just a Leather-backed New Moto X Version for Moto Maker?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 7, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,258
    [​IMG]

Over the weekend, one of the big news stories to come down the pike was rumors of a Moto X+1. At first the speculation suggested it would be the new successor to the Moto X, and that could still be true; however, the smart money is on intel that it will be a new Moto Maker version of the Moto X which will include a leather back.

[​IMG]

Both hints of the device came from famed leaker @evleaks. His first posted hinted at the name, and his second seems to be a dead giveaway about at least one aspect of the Moto X+1. You can see his tweets in order from top to bottom above. What do you guys think? Is upgrading the outer case enough to make folks want a new Moto X, or does the +1 need to have more going for it than that?

Source: @evleaks: (1) & (2)

2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,311
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I've not used the motox but lots of people like it.. I'd hope that they update the hardware some.. Hopefully they found better ways to optimize the new hardware... If it's a new device..

3. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +495
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    Love my X but I've never understood all the hype about the backs. Mine stays in a case 24/7.

Sent from my Moto X DE

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +682
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G4
    Would love to see a new MotoX with updated hardware. I'm set on getting the M8 but would get a new MotoX first. So many good things said about the first MotoX.

5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +859
    If they bump the hardware specs and keep the same footprint at the same price...winner.

6. Dusty

Dusty Silver Member

Ratings:
    +520
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    I love the Moto X software I just wish the screen were bigger (5").

I never use a case for my phones. Pretty simple... don't put your phone in a pocket that has stuff in it. If you don't drop it every few weeks it'll look brand new for a long time! I like the different backs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +425
    I second that dusty. A bigger screen would be nice. As far as the rest of the specs go, it's butter with the current specs. I think we've reached a point where specs don't matter as much as the software optimization. You can have 4 phones with quad core this and 2 gigs that, but 3 out of the 4 will still be laggy, because the software wasn't optimized as well.

Also, remember the Moto X was developed with price in mind. Bump the specs, and expect a price bump as well.

Lastly, MOTOROLA, MILK THAT MOTO MAKER FOR EVERYTHING YOU GOT. Go out with a bang! Because, once you go to Lenovo, all bets are off.

8. PereDroid

PereDroid Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,151
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Personally I am tired of ginormous phones. I think the current Moto X is the perfect size. I don't get people wanting these ginat phones. TO each their own but PLEASE kleave the X the size she is.
    As for the backs I am also anti cases so I like them but it annoys me they didn't release every option at once.
    I'd be annoyed if I bought one and then a week later they announced something I'd rather have like a Teak back or one in my favorite college teams colors.
    Release everything at launch. Piss off a lot less people....

Search tags for this page

moto x

motox next version