Moto X+1: Next Moto X or Just a Leather-backed New Moto X Version for Moto Maker?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
evleaks-motoxplus1-april-2014.png

Over the weekend, one of the big news stories to come down the pike was rumors of a Moto X+1. At first the speculation suggested it would be the new successor to the Moto X, and that could still be true; however, the smart money is on intel that it will be a new Moto Maker version of the Moto X which will include a leather back.

evleaks-motoxplus1-leather.png

Both hints of the device came from famed leaker @evleaks. His first posted hinted at the name, and his second seems to be a dead giveaway about at least one aspect of the Moto X+1. You can see his tweets in order from top to bottom above. What do you guys think? Is upgrading the outer case enough to make folks want a new Moto X, or does the +1 need to have more going for it than that?

Source: @evleaks: (1) & (2)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've not used the motox but lots of people like it.. I'd hope that they update the hardware some.. Hopefully they found better ways to optimize the new hardware... If it's a new device..

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Love my X but I've never understood all the hype about the backs. Mine stays in a case 24/7.

Sent from my Moto X DE

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Would love to see a new MotoX with updated hardware. I'm set on getting the M8 but would get a new MotoX first. So many good things said about the first MotoX.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If they bump the hardware specs and keep the same footprint at the same price...winner.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I love the Moto X software I just wish the screen were bigger (5").

I never use a case for my phones. Pretty simple... don't put your phone in a pocket that has stuff in it. If you don't drop it every few weeks it'll look brand new for a long time! I like the different backs.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I second that dusty. A bigger screen would be nice. As far as the rest of the specs go, it's butter with the current specs. I think we've reached a point where specs don't matter as much as the software optimization. You can have 4 phones with quad core this and 2 gigs that, but 3 out of the 4 will still be laggy, because the software wasn't optimized as well.

Also, remember the Moto X was developed with price in mind. Bump the specs, and expect a price bump as well.

Lastly, MOTOROLA, MILK THAT MOTO MAKER FOR EVERYTHING YOU GOT. Go out with a bang! Because, once you go to Lenovo, all bets are off.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Personally I am tired of ginormous phones. I think the current Moto X is the perfect size. I don't get people wanting these ginat phones. TO each their own but PLEASE kleave the X the size she is.
As for the backs I am also anti cases so I like them but it annoys me they didn't release every option at once.
I'd be annoyed if I bought one and then a week later they announced something I'd rather have like a Teak back or one in my favorite college teams colors.
Release everything at launch. Piss off a lot less people....