Famous Tipster Claims Motorola Bringing the First Moto Nexus Device in Q4 This Year

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
True.

They are becoming the poster child with a galaxy, galaxy note brand, bigger than a galaxy note brand, a galaxy mini, a camera. Man they are going to get every ounce of they galaxy brand name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

At least they stick with the "Galaxy" name....Moto and HTC launch just as many devices, but all under new and different names each and every year.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
there is little choice in usa in smartphones. other countries have dumb phones that look just like the smartphones here, but without data plan. they can still hook up to wifi and browse everything. here, nope can't have that! we need to charge everyone for everything.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
At least they stick with the "Galaxy" name....Moto and HTC launch just as many devices, but all under new and different names each and every year.

the moto and htc devices are getting a lot more complaints than sammy imo, no sense in making a newer version of something that wasn't great the first time.

djspy

Reaction score
Why would you want a Moto Nexus? vanilla android is pretty lame to be honest. I mean Android barely got that feature where it gives you a guess of the person you're trying to call by just pressing the first few numbers on dial pad. Moto Nexus and you take away all the selling points of this phone. No thanks.

recDNA

Reaction score
there are apps to do anything i need without the lag moto gives my current phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

djspy

Reaction score
What lag? I have a Droid Maxx HD and the only lag I see is when I access the quick controls.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why would you want a Moto Nexus? vanilla android is pretty lame to be honest. I mean Android barely got that feature where it gives you a guess of the person you're trying to call by just pressing the first few numbers on dial pad. Moto Nexus and you take away all the selling points of this phone. No thanks.

I personally hinted at a similar sentiment here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-news/250752-pure-vs-skinned-divide.html but mainly to show how far manufacturers have come with android. With that said google is continuing to improve and bake features into vanilla android. But the main fascination with nexus devices are that they are pure android meaning you do not have a lot of bloat weighing the device down. With manufacturer devices you have all the apps and features that the manufacturer baked in + carrier bloat+ apps the carriers made deals with to keep on your device all on top of android.
I am in the middle in that I like nexus devices for the look and cleanliness but I want key features from manufacturers. I would like to see google edition devices evolve to where the device comes clean and you can choose the manufacturer features you want. An example I used in that piece is that I love some of the s-pen features and the email exchange support on my n2 but I can do without the rest of the junk. So I would love to be able to buy a G.E. device and go to the manufacturers page and download the apps and features I want.

recDNA

Reaction score
What lag? I have a Droid Maxx HD and the only lag I see is when I access the quick controls.

Gmail and Tapatalk come to mind... neither lag on my old aosp tbolt but almost any action sometimes lags in my maxx including the keyboard. I tried running the stock rom on my tbolt and it slowed to a halt. It isn't the hardware. It's all those extra "features" you love that bog down the phone.

I don't like how ram is handled either. I often drop to less than 50 mb of ram and that slows down the maxx. My tbolt runs all the exact same apps with less ram yet available ram never ever drops below 150 mb remaining.

I never unlocked the bootloader on my maxx so now I'm stuck with Motoblur and VZW bloat. I run a launcher (Nova) to cover up Motoblur and that also slows things down.

I agree it would be nice to pick and choose manufacturer features however often they're all interdependent so picking one would give you four other things you don't want. In a perfect world every android device would be vanilla and developers could sell us just the features we want. Now developers have to make one app run in Sense, Motoblur, Touchwiz etc. Much tougher.

I also think it's fun to try different roms. There is always a lot of development for Nexus devices. I was broken hearted that the most recent Nexus lacked 4G.

I also don't think it should be called a Nexus if you cannot unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Phreaker47

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons to want root... root, install titanium, freeze the bloatware that can't be removed/disabled by other means.

meskes

Reaction score
Thankfully, I still have my unlimited data. :-D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk Pro.