Facebook u[date?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you are dedicated:) I might give it a shot later. You gonna let me know if it works? Or make me try it myself? You don't want to go at it alone do ya?

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Lol I tried to uninstall it and now I can't install it or my backup from TB

Sent from my DROIDX

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never mind uninstalled a bit ago and it worked for some odd reason. Who knows.

Sent from my DROIDX

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well you are dedicated:) I might give it a shot later. You gonna let me know if it works? Or make me try it myself? You don't want to go at it alone do ya?

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Lol I tried to uninstall it and now I can't install it or my backup from TB

Sent from my DROIDX

Had the same issue... grrr. :icon_evil: Got it worked out tho.

first it wouldn't install at all (I'm running Saph 1.1.1 w/ 928's theme)
...realizing that the facebook app was moved to system/app I moved it to data/ap... no luck, same failure.

so I reverted to the stock 1.1.1 and tried to install... failure again.
I had forgotten that Saph 1.1.1 has FB installed in system/app (part of the ROM)... so I moved it to data/app... tried install, failed again.

At this point I'm getting just a wee bit irritated...

So i delete the facebook.apk from my device, pull the battery, and then reboot.

This time the install of FB goes seamlessly... success!

I feel much calmer now too!
Now to just re-apply 928's theme, and wait to do this all over again for the next update. lol

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea deleting the apk worked for me about 3 hours later lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...nevermind, re-installing the 928 theme reverts to the old FB, the update re-appeared in my downloads. UGH!

I think it's time for a new theme and maybe ROM.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
...nevermind, re-installing the 928 theme reverts to the old FB, the update re-appeared in my downloads. UGH!

That's what I meant by good luck. I had a feeling that the black glass version in the system was a themed version of the old one. I figured it would either revert you to that version or not theme the new one. I guess we have to hope 928droid makes an update for it but I haven't seen him around lately.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

That's what I meant by good luck. I had a feeling that the black glass version in the system was a themed version of the old one. I figured it would either revert you to that version or not theme the new one. I guess we have to hope 928droid makes an update for it but I haven't seen him around lately.

i hate you for being right :) lol

I simply overlooked that fact... I need to smack my own dang self. :icon_ poke:

ah well.... maybe I'll pull the facebook.apk out of the theme and reapply...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol no worries. I was really hoping you were right. I uninstalled black glass before doing the 2.3.20 ota. Now I think I'll wait a bit to re flash it. See if he shows up to fix this.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol no worries. I was really hoping you were right. I uninstalled black glass before doing the 2.3.20 ota. Now I think I'll wait a bit to re flash it. See if he shows up to fix this.

I'm gonna just apply a black bar theme for the evening (only thing I can't stand is the gray notification bar) so I think I'll survive for a bit... I'll have to fish around for themes later.

Although there's the youtube.apk in the 928 theme as well and it didn't revert to the new version that was released a short while ago....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I noticed the youtube thing when I was still using black glass. Weird. What status bar theme are you applying? Just doing it in metamorph?

the5barrons

Reaction score
Can I delete the app through titanium backup? Is that the same as wiping out the apk in terminal emulator?

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

js0724

Reaction score
Can I delete the app through titanium backup? Is that the same as wiping out the apk in terminal emulator?

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

It is better to use Titanium Backup because it will also delete data/cache of that app, effectively "uninstalling" it where emulator way only deletes the apk. Remember to reboot after uninstalling it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk