anyone been able to update Facebook?

jgomez52304

Reaction score
I downloaded the new update for Facebook and it said unsuccessful to install. So I downloaded the apk file and it said not installed. Any help would be great. Oh but I was able to upadte my other apps.

xSZYDx

Reaction score
Having same issue.. even deleted and rebooted. Nothing worked

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The app is stored in the system/apps file and not the data/apps file. The easiest way to get rid of it and install the new update is to install titanium backup from the market and use that to uninstall facebook. Then install the newer version of facebook from the market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just go rename the Facebook apk in system app to. Bak at the end... reboot and install from market. Fastest most effective way. U can always change it back.

sent from a rogue droid

revenge8

Reaction score
actually installed mine just fine, no crazy moving things.. just downloaded straight from the market.. was running v6.3 at the time

fox_dye

Reaction score
It depends on if you are running stock MIUI or a theme. If you have a themed version of face book then it is most likely stored in the system/app folder. If you are running stock then it isn't included in the rom and will update easily.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
It depends on if you are running stock MIUI or a theme. If you have a themed version of face book then it is most likely stored in the system/app folder. If you are running stock then it isn't included in the rom and will update easily.

Yep lol

Sent by draining my battery.....

king_43

Reaction score
Had same problem, Had to rename the fb app then rebooted and downloaded/installed fine (obviously with no theme but I can live)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There was no great changes in the new fb update anyway

sent from a rogue droid

Woo

Reaction score
I have two facebook apps on my dinc. One is just facebook the other is Friend Stream. The Friend Stream has not updated since Oct 22. The other account works fine. I thought about just removing the account and reentering it but if I delete it, it says I will lose all mssgs contacts and data from phone. Will that mess up the other facebook acct?

OP
J

jgomez52304

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the help. I did the titanium back up and I bricked my phone. So I had no phone all day till I got home and fixed it. After I did the reinstall Facebook updated itself. But thanks for the info.

BachinPhx

Reaction score
I had a themed FB app. I uninstalled it and then installed the FB straight from the market. No problems. I just don't have it themed but no biggie.