Facebook u[date?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed the youtube thing when I was still using black glass. Weird. What status bar theme are you applying? Just doing it in metamorph?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
just the black bar from the sapphire download page.

the5barrons

Reaction score
That was easy. Deleted via titanium backup, rebooted, and grabbed the 1.4 from the market. The only thing is that it isn't in the black glass theme coloring...which I'm ok with but I imagine 928 gonna fix that....

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

KillerVamp

Reaction score
if anyone wants to update a themed app uninstall the app reboot then install the app. works every time for me. good luck!

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Faebook update

I just had an update for facebook andwent to downloadit. Now it wit install. It keeps saying it'd unsuccessful. Anyone know what is going on? But I still has it in the app drawer. I go to uninstall it but uninstaller can't find it.

Droid does better than ianything.

nubby

Reaction score
Facebook update

I got the update, but I don't know what it did. Does anyone know what it was for?
Thanks in advance.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The update made it so when you click on your notifications in app you don't get navigated to the web. Also it added places.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

c_mack9

Reaction score
i uninstalled my themed ap, reboted, now i dont have ANY data so i cant dl it from the market. how can i reconnect my data?

edit: nm, *288 update worked.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So all I got to do is delete the facebook apk and reboot?

Worked for me but after some hassle.

Sent from my DROIDX

So you just deleted the apk, while still themed w/928, rebooted and downloaded from Market?

I'm so confused. Lol! Crashed last night and woke up not knowing what was going on.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

So you just deleted the apk, while still themed w/928, rebooted and downloaded from Market?

I'm so confused. Lol! Crashed last night and woke up not knowing what was going on.
All I know is if you flash back to stock theme, update the FB app and then re-apply 928's theme it will revert to the old (not updated) FB.
Not sure about deleting while theme is applied. It didn't work for me, but then again I was irritated and didn't reboot after removing it so that might've been it.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I'm guessing that if you delete the apk while you have 928 still installed it would be taking out the 928 version of it. Meaning if you download it from the market it would have to be the market version.

This is only a guess, haven't tried it yet.

Also guessing if you do the above, the new version will not be themed. That's a duh on my part:)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I'm guessing that if you delete the apk while you have 928 still installed it would be taking out the 928 version of it. Meaning if you download it from the market it would have to be the market version.

This is only a guess, haven't tried it yet.

Also guessing if you do the above, the new version will not be themed. That's a duh on my part:)
I'd say your guesses are safe assumptions... :)

Give it a shot and let us know... I don't see why it wouldn't work... and no the FB app won't be themed if it does work :)

the5barrons

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

All I know is if you flash back to stock theme, update the FB app and then re-apply 928's theme it will revert to the old (not updated) FB.
Not sure about deleting while theme is applied. It didn't work for me, but then again I was irritated and didn't reboot after removing it so that might've been it.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes, deleted FB via titanium backup. rebooted, launched the market did a search for "facebook". The facbook one is 1.4...downloaded and installed. Again, it is the 1.4 and works fine. As i said in a another thread, it's the version that BB's have been using for a while now, virtually identical. So, I'm not entirely pleased but it is a functional version. I was still hoping for something better. At least different. Whatever.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. I renamed it to Facebook.bak, restarted phone, went to Market and downloaded new version. Download went ok, install fine, but of course it's not themed. BIG suprise!

Not too sure if I want to keep it like that:(

c_mack9

Reaction score
Ok. I renamed it to Facebook.bak, restarted phone, went to Market and downloaded new version. Download went ok, install fine, but of course it's not themed. BIG suprise!

Not too sure if I want to keep it like that:(
well duh, you have to give the themers longer than 5 mins to theme the new version!