Facebook u[date?

Draken

Reaction score
Hi i was just trying to install the update for facebook and it downloads and everything just fine but when i try to install it it goes to Installation unsuccessful? any idea why?

fpatano

Reaction score
Hi i was just trying to install the update for facebook and it downloads and everything just fine but when i try to install it it goes to Installation unsuccessful? any idea why?

I updated the app and it installed just fine, you might want to reboot the phone and try again. If that doesnt work, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I remember with the StreetView app when that happened that you had to mount /system as readwrite and delete the .apk in the app folder in order for it to install correctly, but that was on CyanogenMod....

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Im using the Simply stunning ROM. Rooted. Deodexxed. 2.2 OTA

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
That might be your problem. Mine failed also. Think mine was because 928 incorporates it with his themes. I just left it alone. Mine works fine without the update.

Mr debugging symbol came up. Try shutting that off.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, themes with facebook included put the app into /system/app, which the market cannot access because of it being a read-only partition.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That might be your problem. Mine failed also. Think mine was because 928 incorporates it with his themes. I just left it alone. Mine works fine without the update.

Mr debugging symbol came up. Try shutting that off.

same here. i just want that new places thing lol

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, lol. Not sure I want to restore nandroid, reinstall theme for an update. Can we uninstall the apk you think? Then install the Market one? Will it not theme it automatically Abe?

Tanknspank, got any ideas?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, themes with facebook included put the app into /system/app, which the market cannot access because of it being a read-only partition.

crap, means 928's theme has to go bye bye for me. I want the update. supposed to improve the app a bit.

although I've had no trouble updating it in the past... or maybe i'm imagining I've updated?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

crap, means 928's theme has to go bye bye for me. I want the update. supposed to improve the app a bit.

although I've had no trouble updating it in the past... or maybe i'm imagining I've updated?

Nooooo! 928 looks so nice. There is gotta be a way. C'mon man, think, lol:)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, lol. Not sure I want to restore nandroid, reinstall theme for an update. Can we uninstall the apk you think? Then install the Market one? Will it not theme it automatically Abe?

Tanknspank, got any ideas?

No, you can't do this, already tried :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nooooo! 928 looks so nice. There is gotta be a way. C'mon man, think, lol:)

There is a way, Im reverting to stock, gonna update the app then reflash the theme. I'm not giving it up :) lol

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well you are dedicated:) I might give it a shot later. You gonna let me know if it works? Or make me try it myself? You don't want to go at it alone do ya?