HELP: Facebook update screwed up my X!

billyanks2

Reaction score
Last night I installed the update to the facebook app. I was playing around with the settings, and I changed the setting to "sync all". All apps are now opening to just a black screen, and not functioning, and some of my contacts are now linked to 17 "nativeFacebook" profiles. Is anyone else having similar problems with the facebook app update? Anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? I'm going to try uninstalling the facebook app altogether.

bigarrowup

Reaction score
Did you try turning off the facebook sync?
Settings -> Sync Contacts -> Don't Sync.

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
trying to uninstall the facebook app appears to have done some very bad things to the phone. the screen got stuck off, and now after a battery pull the boot is stuck on the eye.

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
and yes, i tried turning it off, this didn't help with any of the problems.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would go with a Hard Reset.....

1. Turn the phone off.

2. Hold the Power and Home buttons down for about 5 seconds.

3. A screen with an exclamation will appear. Tap the Search key.

4. Confirm the selection.

5. Select Yes — delete all user data then tap OK.

The Droid X will then complete the hard reset.

Then Don't sync FB

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
thankfully, droid does fix itself: i let it sit with the eye while i did some research for work, and as I hit a wall I said to my boss "i've got to go to the verizon store" and as soon as I got back, it had booted successfully and uninstalled the fb app. Taking the millions of "nativeFacebook" profiles with it. Thanks for the help guys, I'm glad i didn't have to do a hard reset. that would've sucked.

smokecombs

Reaction score
Crap, I just did the same update last night. I haven't tried it yet or anything though.

EDIT: Well, tried it and mine seems to be working fine, thank god. I haven't done a resync or anything though.

Last edited:

Elkay

Reaction score
FWIW, mine went fine, too. I even turned on the Sync for a bit then turned it off. Still no problems.

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
what is the function of the sync? Doesn't motorola's skin automatically do that?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Glad it worked out....

smokecombs

Reaction score
I like the new pics displayed at the bottom. I noticed when I was about to install the update, the comments a lot of people didn't like the update. It's fine with me. I usually do Facebook on the computer. One thing I don't like about Facebook and my phone is taking pics with the phone and if you accidently hit quick upload. Take a pic of the wife getting out of the shower better do it with a stand alone camera. I didn't do that but somehow I posted a pic of my son sleeping that I have no idea how it got from my phone to Facebook other than hitting the quick upload and somehow not realizing it. I saw this in a forum the other day. Some girl, maybe she was just wanting attention, maybe she was for real, but she had snapped a nude photo of herself for whatever reason, and of course the thread was filled with posts immediatly. The general theme was "you stupid idiot, you can't "ACCIDENTLY" post a pic to Facebook". Then some said that you had to approve any pic that goes to Facebook and Facebook reviews pics before they are posted. Well bullcrap, with instant upload your pics are on Facebook lickedy-split. Of course the poor girl, if she wasn't just seeking attention, was getting slaughtered by guys saying how it was impossible to do that, etc..Well it is possible. I kind of wish there was no quick upload button to Facebook, OR that Facebook would send you a confirmation to your phone, let you review the pic and maybe even have to type in a little code in order to post the pic. I know, simple fix, don't take potentially embarrassing pics, well that's simply not an option, 95% of the pics I ever take are funny and embarrassing, potentially. A lot of stuff I don't want going to Facebook. That is my only problem, although mostly a user error, but it's an error that can happen quite easily in my opinion.

SoxFan894

Reaction score
What a piece of crap app! Why would you create a new contact group when it already showed a Facebook Contact....Lets hope this reboot works. Mine should is rebooting as I type.

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
Did it take forever? The times I've run into this problem, my X was stuck on the red eye for upwards of 30 minutes. The fact that no one else is having this problem concerns me, though, that it's my phone not the app.