Facebook.. The new one, 1.4.1 Inverted too!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone tell me how it looks. The suspense is killing me!
It looks great - everything is functional and inverted - the only thing is the message and search icons are blue - they might have been added during the most recent update, this being the case thebowers inverted facebook would not have had these icons in place

Also I do not remember if the notifications background was inverted on thebowers fbook - this one is not

All in all xkape - great job and this is highly appreciated :wink:

S-f-m-D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would like to know as well! SP can be used to install as well?

do we need to update to the newest market version before we run this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
do we need to update to the newest market version before we run this?
No - but the update.zip method will install facebook in the system/app folder so make sure you delete the one in the data/app folder to save some space

Or just uninstall the Market Version first -

S-f-m-D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Notification background was also inverted on thebowers' version.
I can't wait to try this out!! Thank you!!!!!

Someone tell me how it looks. The suspense is killing me!
It looks great - everything is functional and inverted - the only thing is the message and search icons are blue - they might have been added during the most recent update, this being the case thebowers inverted facebook would not have had these icons in place

Also I do not remember if the notifications background was inverted on thebowers fbook - this one is not

All in all xkape - great job and this is highly appreciated :wink:

S-f-m-D

jlutz555

Reaction score
so just uninstall what we already got then run this as an update from recovery?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright - here is the only problem, because the notification background is still white - the inverted white text is unreadable

S-f-m-D

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Notification background? lol I need to get a facebook account! I will see if I can change it. There was one I left alone bowers cause it was a relative layout instead of a linear layout. It also used Hex code instead of pointing at it in colors.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Events scrolls as white, shadows when you scroll are white (colorcacheHint), loading content and empty situations need to be inverted, where it says what's on your mind (that background needs to be black), samething for the background for when sending a message

Just posting what I see, good job.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im looking for it now tp :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Let us know xkape! And Thanks again!!!

Notification background? lol I need to get a facebook account! I will see if I can change it. There was one I left alone bowers cause it was a relative layout instead of a linear layout. It also used Hex code instead of pointing at it in colors.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Events scrolls as white, shadows when you scroll are white (colorcacheHint), loading content and empty situations need to be inverted, where it says what's on your mind (that background needs to be black), samething for the background for when sending a message

Just posting what I see, good job.

I assume those are all in the layout xml's somewhere? I'm going to go look now for all this stuff.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This will be my update post. Will refrsh it..

Noti background done...
Events done..

I can't find a line of code to save my life that says colorcachHint bowers. You remember an example off the top of your head? It would help point me in the right direction. In the meantime, I'kk try to find loading content and empty situations.

Found a file called empty_layout.xml.. opened it up, background pointed to solid_white. I changed to solid_black.. hope that was the right one for "empty situations"

Also, you say the sending message thing should be black. there is a file called message_compose.xml I can stick a solid black background in there but it also says the test is black. If anyone can confirm the font color when typing a message, I will switch them. Just want to be sure I am editing the right file.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im looking for it now tp :)
You got 100X further than I got - I posted that other thread weeks ago and just started looking at the .apk myself lastnight and until you came in and offered to give it a shot I thought it might be a lost cause :happy:

S-f-m-D

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:) I came in here (as I do quite a bit) to read thru one of thebowers tutorials again. Saw the thread highlighted as unread. Then I did something crazy and volunteered myself..lol

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know what the heck is going on. I've installed the .zip with CW and reboot. I look in root explorer and it looks like it is installed right and has the correct permissions, but it doesn't show up in the app drawer and it doesn't show up in the widgets menu!?

Tried extracting the apk and pushing to /system/app, setting permissions manually (which I have done a million times) and rebooting, same result.

Had a similar problem with Pandora except it would show up in the lists, it would just FC right away.

I'm at a loss......