Inverted Calendar

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is great to find this up! Especially after an intense evening of parenting and doing battle with my teenagers. Again, I never expected to find such simple pleasure in cellphone.

The top portions of the days in the top row of the month view are covered by a light grey bar, so I can’t see the actual dates in that row, though all the other dates in the month view are visible.

Is there anything anyone knows that I can do to correct it?

Otherwise it looks great. I think I can get used to it. I love the inverted look. Thanks to bowers for the theme and GLD for the zip.

What rom are you on?

Reaction score
This is great to find this up! Especially after an intense evening of parenting and doing battle with my teenagers. Again, I never expected to find such simple pleasure in cellphone.

The top portions of the days in the top row of the month view are covered by a light grey bar, so I can’t see the actual dates in that row, though all the other dates in the month view are visible.

Is there anything anyone knows that I can do to correct it?

Otherwise it looks great. I think I can get used to it. I love the inverted look. Thanks to bowers for the theme and GLD for the zip.

What rom are you on?

Miui 1.4.22 GB

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Miui 1.4.22 GB

DLY, can you post up the stock version of the calendar from that ROM?

I do have the stock apk from my current ROM backed up on my SD Card, but unfortunately I don’t have the technical knowhow to post it via file sharing upload. I’ve tried to post apks on the forum as attachments but they’re not supported.

I have to leave now to go do some work, but I might have some time later today to try to figure out how to post it. Any suggestions on how I’d do so? Should I use WinZip to make it a zip file? This is also a process I’ve not done.

OP
GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Miui 1.4.22 GB

I do have the stock apk from my current ROM backed up on my SD Card, but unfortunately I don’t have the technical knowhow to post it via file sharing upload. I’ve tried to post apks on the forum as attachments but they’re not supported.

I have to leave now to go do some work, but I might have some time later today to try to figure out how to post it. Any suggestions on how I’d do so? Should I use WinZip to make it a zip file? This is also a process I’ve not done.

You can just rename it from Calendar.apk to Calendar.zip, but make sure you say in your post that's what you've done. Then anyone who downloads it would just change the name back to Calendar.apk and they'd be in business.

Reaction score

You can just rename it from Calendar.apk to Calendar.zip, but make sure you say in your post that's what you've done. Then anyone who downloads it would just change the name back to Calendar.apk and they'd be in business.

Well that's pretty easy. I'll be able to do it when I'm back home at my PC in a few hours. Do you think there might be a remedy for the partially obscured month view?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Remedy would be to invert it just like the others.

Reaction score
Here is the stock Calendar app from Miui 1.4.22 GB. Please keep in mind that in order to post it to this forum, I renamed it from Calender_2.3.3.apk to Calendar_2.3.3.zip. If you plan to use it, remember to change the name back to Calendar_2.3.3.apk before you do.

@ bowers this is it. I hope it can be inverted.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I take you didn't try the one I inverted that has to be pushed the system? The reason I ask is the manifest says that they are the same .apk. If you need help or an update.zip of that version let me know.

EDIT: after further review the one you posted is the one I just inverted....hmmmm

Last edited:
Reaction score
I take you didn't try the one I inverted that has to be pushed the system? The reason I ask is the manifest says that they are the same .apk. If you need help or an update.zip of that version let me know.

EDIT: after further review the one you posted is the one I just inverted....hmmmm

Thanks for your quick response. Wow… I don’t know. Perhaps I should try re-flashing the one you inverted that GLD zipped. Or maybe I should try to install is as an apk via root explorer?

Maybe it has to something to do with Miui GB ROM.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Use this one with Root Explorer.

Calendar.apk

The one you put as the default MIUI is not. The reason I say that is case after opening it up it is the one above that I did last night.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't use Root Explorer but rather push it using ADB. I would think you could just over write it though.

Reaction score
Use this one with Root Explorer.

Calendar.apk

The one you put as the default MIUI is not. The reason I say that is case after opening it up it is the one above that I did last night.

Hey bowers,

I so apologize for wasting your time. You are correct the version I posted which I thought was the stock Miui is the one you just did that GLD zipped.

I forgot that immediately after I installed the version you just did, I did a Miui Back Up of all apps and also backed the version you just inverted to my SD Card. I then posted it to the forum, thinking it was the stock Miui.

I did install it again via Root Explorer, and it has the same issue in the month view.

I’ve since done a Nandroid back to my fully stock Miui 1.4.22 installation and now I’m posting the version that I’m very sure is the stock Miui Calendar. Again I changed the file extension from apk to zip in order to post it to the forum. I don’t know enough about the process of inverting to know how much time it takes you, but if you have time could you please invert it? Again I’m sorry for wasting your time. Thanks.

Note to anyone using this Calendar: The file extension needs to be changed from .zip to .apk before you use it.

Last edited: