extra apps

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ok so i got my droid1 replaced for a droid2 (warranty)...anyways...the first thing i noticed were all these damn extra apps that i find pointless and taking up space =[...for example (cityfinder) why is it there if its not free and i cant unistall it ?

is there a way to get rid of this "junk"

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hmmm thanks for the replys =]...not off to root my droid2...

can u point me out a link where it tells me how to get rid of the apps (NOT ROOT)

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
The only way you can remove apps that you don't want on the phone is to root the device, backup, then remove what you don't want.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The only way you can remove apps that you don't want on the phone is to root the device, backup, then remove what you don't want.
yea i knw they told me that lol but now i am asking for instructions (after root) on how to get rid of the apps on a droid 2

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go into /system/app and rename the ones you dont want from .apk to .bak (using ADB or root explorer)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
go into /system/app and rename the ones you dont want from .apk to .bak (using ADB or root explorer)

Can't you just delete them like on the Original D to save system space or is this not recommended quite yet.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Can't you just delete them like on the Original D to save system space or is this not recommended quite yet.

I would think so, I'd just move the .apks to sdcard in case you need to reinstall.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
EASIEST WAT (IMO): use titanium backup to 'freeze' the apps. so simple and can be undone in a second, also

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

I would think so, I'd just move the .apks to sdcard in case you need to reinstall.
ok this sounds a little more "my kinda thinking" cuz i want the extra space on my phone =]