Will have to wait till a one click root is out.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Sad to say I think my days of being free to enjoy my droid is over. My replacement droid1 is now no better than my husbands moto barage,very plain. Can't root this droid w/o a dumb computer how sad...droid open source??? Not really, that's why I wanted to root to make it truely mine but guess not since no one is able to make a one click root or at least upgrade the apps that do root for ya. The ride was nice... till one does come out.. unistalling droid forums. Thanks devs for all you do I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Sent from my locked down Droid1 using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
download this apk from your phone an install the app.

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score

Lol.. thanks.. that's what I had used to root before on my first one but this refburb has the 2.2.1 build on it and z4root does not work. Wish it did it was so easy. My other Droid was v2.1 rooted that one in october2010 before all these Verizon updates. Thanks for your reply though. Let me know if you find another way w/o a computer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
z4root dont work on d1... well then the only other choice is super one click.

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score
Doesn't work on the D1 anymore. I think Super One Click requires a pc.

Sent down with a Bolt of lightening!!

Yeah found that out the hard way, all four versions that I could find don't work, that's why I was in tears when my droid that was rooted died on me. I had been reading all around here and know that it would be very hard to root or reroot again.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
why cant you use a computer?

kookk

Reaction score
Superoneclick doesn't work? I rooted my replacement D1 just a few weeks ago using it

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
I know with my X with z4root I have to temporary root then perm root right after that. If I try to perm root first it just hangs and does nothing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score

Don't have one. Also not to computer savvy either. Would try but afraid to screw my phone up, may not be able to enjoy root but still have to call people and text. Its all I have left and have to make it last till my upgrade.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Use a friend's? I used my parent's computer when I rooted my D1. Even this TB without root is driving me crazy! Haha!

Don't have one. Also not to computer savvy either. Would try but afraid to screw my phone up, may not be able to enjoy root but still have to call people and text. Its all I have left and have to make it last till my upgrade.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That started when the DX updated to 2.3.340. But, neither option has worked on the D1 since FRG22D unfortunately.

I know with my X with z4root I have to temporary root then perm root right after that. If I try to perm root first it just hangs and does nothing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App