[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon's Samsung Prime May Not Arrive Until Q1 2012

stinger161

Reaction score
Hey dg since this is the mlb playoffs and my mind is completely consumed with stats lately can we come up with an average for your source being right with his rumors? Figure find out how many rumors he's posted about then find out how many turned out true. Kind of like a batting average!

Chatchie

Reaction score
Im sure Im not alone on this but Im pissed VZW past on the GSII. If VZW doesnt get a Nexus at the same time or before other carriers, Im out. My contracts up and Sprint's coverage is good in my area.

T-mobile gets the best superphone in the world and VZW passes? Really? Waaa........Im upset

Reaction score
I put very little stock in this rumor. As a business minded individual, I find it hard to believe that if the phone is ready for distribution, it would even release on 11/3 as Panda has suggested because it gives the iPhone a 3 week head start on sales. It just doesn't make any sense. Couple that logic with the announcement on 10/11, as well as impending (we think) release of the Vigor and it's just very difficult to see a 2012 Q1 release for this product. I'm not buying...

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha, good idea.. hmm.. let me see what we can do :)

Hey dg since this is the mlb playoffs and my mind is completely consumed with stats lately can we come up with an average for your source being right with his rumors? Figure find out how many rumors he's posted about then find out how many turned out true. Kind of like a batting average!

jeston

Reaction score
You sure your "source" isn't some pissed off iPhone fanboy who's trying to brings us all down since he didn't get the announcement of his beloved iPhone 5 the other day? :p

mageos

Reaction score
Oh how history is easily forgotten...

Android 2.0 was launched on the OG Droid 1 which launched in October 2009. Android 2.2 is what launched on the Nexus one. Android 2.0 was the launch of the droid revolution. It launched on Verizon and in November. It would seem to me to make sense to launch Android 4.0, the next evolution in Android in November before the holiday shopping season and why not continue the tradition of launching on Verizon, home of the most advanced LTE network in the USA. Seems like a lot of hype over poor speculation. My money is still on a Q4 '11 launch.

Last edited:

sb1831

Reaction score
QUESTION: How many times has Google introduced a MAJOR upgrade for Android where a Nexus or Google Experience device was not released within 10 days of the SDK?
ANSWER: ZERO

EXAMPLES
2.0 SDK - OCTOBER 26, 2009 DEVICE - Motorola Droid (released - OCTOBER 17,2009)
2.1 SDK - JANUARY 12, 2010 DEVICE - HTC Nexus One (released January 5, 2010)
2.3 SDK - DECEMBER 6, 2010 DEVICE - Samsung Nexus S (released - December 16, 2010)
3.0 SDK - FEBRUARY 22,2011 DEVICE - Motorola Xoom (released - February 24, 2011)

This gives us two situations: One is that VZW will once again NOT be getting a Nexus device: or that VZW will be getting a Nexus device but with a different name and probably not vanilla Android.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a pretty big jump to get to your conclusion... or are you basing that on the November release of ICS and Q1 2012 release of the Nexus to be fact?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sometimes I feel the opposite! All these rumors are driving me insane. It's all I think about! I should just stay off the forums until the 11th :icon_ banana:

Yea getting the Bionic took that worry off me for at least 2 years :) And I like the phone on top of that :D

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I am anxiously waiting for a nexus device on Verizon but i'm pretty sure i would not get a phone with a 4.65" screen. I would hate to buy a bionic now as its been out for a month and i waited for something else but if the Vigor joins the line up i might go HTC this time... Ideally i would want a 4" phone...

squeak

Reaction score
If this is true I'm betting that it is referring to a different phone than the ICS launch device. I read a post on Phandroid that claimed the "Droid Prime by Samsung" was not the same device as the next Nexus phone which I think in that post they called the "Galaxy Nexus". With in a few days of reading this it seemed as if everyone had discarded it because the "Nexus Prime" name continued to be used. I don't claim to know but I agree with everyone that it seems odd to have an event next week and then not release the device for 2+ months. I also find it interesting that in the OP "Nexus Prime" is never used, but instead it refers to the "Samsung Prime".

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this is true I'm betting that it is referring to a different phone than the ICS launch device. I read a post on Phandroid that claimed the "Droid Prime by Samsung" was not the same device as the next Nexus phone which I think in that post they called the "Galaxy Nexus". With in a few days of reading this it seemed as if everyone had discarded it because the "Nexus Prime" name continued to be used. I don't claim to know but I agree with everyone that it seems odd to have an event next week and then not release the device for 2+ months. I also find it interesting that in the OP "Nexus Prime" is never used, but instead it refers to the "Samsung Prime".

Good point