[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon's Samsung Prime May Not Arrive Until Q1 2012

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 5, 2011.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Good Point!

2. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Honestly, I'd just be happy that a nexus device is finally making it to Verizon at all. I'm a little surprised by that news, actually.

3. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    don't get too excited it was never confirmed by VZW. For all we know they can still bloat it up and call it something else

4. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "exclusive rumor" hahahhaa

5. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I would certainly love to know who this "good source within the industry is..." I take rumors and news very cautiously when I don't know what the source is and whether or not I know it to be reliable or not.

Here's my 2. With the recent release of the new iPhone (and somewhat recent release of the Prime), and the upcoming holiday season, AND the rumors of awesome phones to come with HD displays and what not (i.e. HTC Vigor and others), AAAANNNDDD the confirmation from Google for the release of ICS in October or early November, why in the world would they hold the release of the Nexus Prime to Q1 of 2012? What kind of marketing and product deployment strategy is that? That would certainly be a disastrous move on Sammy's part in trying to make tons of money (which, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe most profit-driven companies strive for).

1. It has to come with the release of ICS.
    2. It has to come in time for the Holiday season. Gifts 'n such.
    3. It has to show up the iPhone ASAP if it wants to make some sort of pissing competition for who's got the better device.
    4. It has to be the first truly great dual core, 4G, 720p HD screen wielding phone.

It has to. My thumbs are bleeding.

6. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,443
    I could see it being close to right. Remember we have the iphone being released and you know all 3 carriers will be hyping and providing room for people to buy it. I could honestly see them doing the iphone 4s first and samsung nexus after that . And the best time for them both will be around the holiday season where they can also capitalize on BOGO free promotions for the older devices (Droids, iphone 4, etc). So do I think 1st qtr of next year no, but I would think closer to the mid November time frame if I had to guess. But I could be wrong. Hype today turns into complaints tomorrow. Iphone 4 was hyped and people hated the antenna issues, Thunderbolt had people angry about delays and now mad about the battery life, Droid Bionic was the phone to get and now the phone to return for some people. Its good that android is improving but I have no problem waiting for a device.

7. stinger161

stinger161 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey dg since this is the mlb playoffs and my mind is completely consumed with stats lately can we come up with an average for your source being right with his rumors? Figure find out how many rumors he's posted about then find out how many turned out true. Kind of like a batting average!

8. Chatchie

Chatchie Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Im sure Im not alone on this but Im pissed VZW past on the GSII. If VZW doesnt get a Nexus at the same time or before other carriers, Im out. My contracts up and Sprint's coverage is good in my area.

T-mobile gets the best superphone in the world and VZW passes? Really? Waaa........Im upset

9. burntorangefan

Ratings:
    +0
    I put very little stock in this rumor. As a business minded individual, I find it hard to believe that if the phone is ready for distribution, it would even release on 11/3 as Panda has suggested because it gives the iPhone a 3 week head start on sales. It just doesn't make any sense. Couple that logic with the announcement on 10/11, as well as impending (we think) release of the Vigor and it's just very difficult to see a 2012 Q1 release for this product. I'm not buying...

10. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    haha, good idea.. hmm.. let me see what we can do :)

11. jeston

jeston Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You sure your "source" isn't some pissed off iPhone fanboy who's trying to brings us all down since he didn't get the announcement of his beloved iPhone 5 the other day? :p

12. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Sounds like a potential stats page for the Rumor's Sub-Forum