[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon's Samsung Prime May Not Arrive Until Q1 2012

sb1831

Reaction score
That is a pretty big jump to get to your conclusion... or are you basing that on the November release of ICS and Q1 2012 release of the Nexus to be fact?

You know I like to ruffle feathers and my speculation is just as good as any unnamed source. Given the release history of Android, if this supposed "source" says Verizon's version won't be hitting until Q1, I think those are the two most probable scenarios if this "source" isn't full of it.

I AM the guy that speculated that the reason VZW didn't get the GSII isn't because of this phone but because Samsung couldn't get their chipset to work with VZW's LTE radios without adverse effects to perfomance and/or battery life.

sb1831

Reaction score
If this is true I'm betting that it is referring to a different phone than the ICS launch device. I read a post on Phandroid that claimed the "Droid Prime by Samsung" was not the same device as the next Nexus phone which I think in that post they called the "Galaxy Nexus". With in a few days of reading this it seemed as if everyone had discarded it because the "Nexus Prime" name continued to be used. I don't claim to know but I agree with everyone that it seems odd to have an event next week and then not release the device for 2+ months. I also find it interesting that in the OP "Nexus Prime" is never used, but instead it refers to the "Samsung Prime".

I really can't see Google tying the Nexus name to the Galaxy line of phones especially after their recent acquisition of Motorola. Just as I said they would not have a "Droid Nexus" because of the singular carrier of the Droid branded phones.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Thats cool. My upgrade isn't until March of next year anyways. Its either gonna be the Prime or the Samsung Note.

chefb

Reaction score
I say as long as the bionic gets ICS.... EH? no biggie life is full of dissappointments. That being said... may droid carry the baton that has recently fallen. RIP jobs.

squeak

Reaction score
I really can't see Google tying the Nexus name to the Galaxy line of phones especially after their recent acquisition of Motorola. Just as I said they would not have a "Droid Nexus" because of the singular carrier of the Droid branded phones.

That was just what they suggested it may be called. I tend to agree with you that I doubt nexus will be tied to any existing line of phones, but my major point was to say that this rumor may not even be about a nexus device, rather just a Samsung phone

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
According to p3droid, this rumor is BS. He says november is the month we can expect this device

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
I think that they would lose out on sales to the evil fruit if they don't release until q1 2012... I just hope this doesn't turn in to the next bionic and it will be coming for 10 years

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

loki993

Reaction score
Don't know. If its true then the Kevlar Razr/Spyder or whatever they decide to call it is looking mighty nice. All I care about is that it can be rooted and since the Bionic was basically rooted the day of release I don't think there's much to worry about there

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
hmmmm

this is the first we hear this. I searched and see nothing similar anywhere else.
and this comes the day after apple releases info on their new phone. most likely the first time apple ever had a drop in stock after announcing new devices.
I find the timing of this to be very suspicious.
well not a big deal we have 6 days and we should know.
maybe its hey we need to get this out and crush apple than after 10/4 its oh ok apple just crushed themselves. well slow down and make it better than.

edited to appease someone that apparently cannot read that the dates had nothing to do with steve jobs. so words changed .
Luckily it appears only a small few would even think that my comments were worded that way.
the edit only replaced kill with the word crush.

Last edited:

1ceFiend

Reaction score
I swear people 'leak' out these things just to watch us freak out. Weren't there also rumors that the Bionic had a 4.7" screen and wouldn't come out until December? I have a hard time believing Verizon passed on the sg2 to get a unique device 6 months later...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
samsung-nexus-prime.jpg

Unfortunately, sometimes we have to report the not-so exciting rumors along with the good ones. A good source within the industry has indicated that a lot of the rumors floating around about an impending launch of the Samsung Prime this month, are way off base. According to our source, the Verizon Samsung Prime will not be available this year, and that its release is "definitely" set for the first quarter of 2012. This is one time when we would prefer if our source was wrong.

It does seem unusual, especially considering that Samsung has a big announcement coming soon. Would they really try and build the hype for the phone all the way into next year? And, if so, what could Samsung's big announcement be? This also seems to fly in the face of several reports that Ice Cream Sandwich would be coming soon, and that the Prime would be the first ICS device. Of course, it is possible, though unlikely, that other versions of the Prime will come out before the Verizon version.

Another theory, that has been suggested before, is that the Samsung Nexus and the Samsung Prime really are two different devices.

And one more theory to throw at you.

We will keep our ears open.

I really hope you are wrong!!! I am getting a new phone at the end of this month. If it is 1Q of next year then it will make my choice easy. I will be getting the Bionic. But if the Prime is released the end of this month or the beginning of next month I would probably choose the Prime.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
:icon_question:Does that mean this is wrong or BS? Just wondering.:icon_question:

nexus-prime-cell-600x339.jpg

MdicnMan

Reaction score
For what it's worth this is Q1 FY2012. Wishful thinking?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk