[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon's Samsung Prime May Not Arrive Until Q1 2012

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this even more furthers the "Ones a Nexus, the others a new Charge" theory.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So do you guys think that if they are two different devices, that Verizon is getting just one or both? Because I think that if they are going by that, then one will be the Droid Prime and the other the Galaxy Nexus or something like that,

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they will get both, one in mid-Nov and the other in Q1 2012

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So do you guys think that if they are two different devices, that Verizon is getting just one or both? Because I think that if they are going by that, then one will be the Droid Prime and the other the Galaxy Nexus or something like that,

I think they are getting both, which is why they passed on the GSII. One will in fact be the pure Nexus and one will just be a nice touchwiz device. Although the Best Buy reports show the Galaxy Prime to be released this month replacing the Charge, so who knows???

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So that would make the Touchwiz device come out this month to replace the Charge and the pure android version to come out Q1 2012....How depressing.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So that would make the Touchwiz device come out this month to replace the Charge and the pure android version to come out Q1 2012....How depressing.

yeah but everything is pure speculation right now. I do think we will see the Nexus end of this month or early November as originally thought. We were told ICS would be arriving then, so that leads me to believe it will be in the form of the VZW Nexus.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't put much thought into that best buy leak... lack of a Vigor was a big red flag for me

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Samsung and Google will unveil next Tuesday:
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 9mm thin
  • 4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
  • TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 32GB of built-in storage
  • 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
  • 1080p HD video capture support
  • LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
  • NFC
  • 1,750 mAh battery
What Do we think is anyone disappointed, did this meet or exceed expectations?

I hope that it has an 8MP back camera!!! That and a Notification light!!! The rest of the phone is great!!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ I forgot about the notification light. It would reeeeally suck to loose that option.

sb1831

Reaction score
QUESTION: How many times has Google introduced a MAJOR upgrade for Android where a Nexus or Google Experience device was not released within 10 days of the SDK?
ANSWER: ZERO

EXAMPLES
2.0 SDK - OCTOBER 26, 2009 DEVICE - Motorola Droid (released - OCTOBER 17,2009)
2.1 SDK - JANUARY 12, 2010 DEVICE - HTC Nexus One (released January 5, 2010)
2.3 SDK - DECEMBER 6, 2010 DEVICE - Samsung Nexus S (released - December 16, 2010)
3.0 SDK - FEBRUARY 22,2011 DEVICE - Motorola Xoom (released - February 24, 2011)

Dan, I'm seeing JAN and DEC. NOV would fit right inline. I can't believe they consistently miss out on the holiday season hype. It would make sense to release during big ticket sales season, not right after it. I doubt my OG Droid will make it to Q1, but I really don't want to buy an end of generation phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dandroid
-Google debuted [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Android
[/FONT] 2.0 on the Nexus One in January 2010
-[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Google[/FONT][/FONT] released the Nexus S with Android 2.3 in December of 2010
-Seems that a Q1 2012 release of a hot new device with a cold new OS would fall right in line?

[/FONT]

I thought Google debuted Android 2.1 in November of 2009 with the Droid. Get your facts straight.

Nope, 2.1 didn't drop until the Spring of 2010. Believe me I know, it was the first time I ever even heard of rooting and all that good stuff. Also happens to be why I joined this forum, waiting for the 2.1 update.

Doesn't anyone read what I write? :(