Exchange droid for driod x? Verizon Question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Fault, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Fault

Fault New Member

On June 21st, i can get my new phone. I plan on getting the Droid. On July 19th, supposively the droid x will be released. My question is, can I get the droid, have the phone for 28 days, and if I like the droid x more, switch? Please help, I just want to get whatever the best phone is that I can
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Technically yes, but why not just save yourself the headache and wait until July?
  3. stanrc

stanrc New Member

Sure, but they probably won't make it easy on you, and they will charge a restock fee.
  4. Fault

Fault New Member

Because Im not 100% sure Id like the driod x more, and Im about to claw my eyes out waiting till june 21st as it is
  5. joker402

joker402 New Member

and what if we launch it on the 26st instead of the 19th? I got an email that our training has to be done by the 16th for an anticipated launch on the 26th

i say wait get the X first and if you dont like it then get the DROID
  6. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

yea if they push back the release date anymore then ur gonna be out of the 30 days and have to deal with that..
  7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Restock fee for sure. Problem? Verizon didn't give me any problems when I returned my Storm 2. What makes you say they wont make it easy on you?

Sometimes I truly wonder if people go to the same Verizon I deal with.
  8. joker402

joker402 New Member

not all verizons are the same (CS level wise) but hookbill is right as long as its with 30 days its just a restocking fee
  9. dclutter1

dclutter1 New Member

I was wondering the same thing. I've only returned one phone and that was an XV6800. I was on day 29/30 and the phone had some visible wear. They didn't ask a single question or charge me anything.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  10. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

More ram, more ram, more ram - it's the biggest weakness of the Droid. You'll get carried away with custom roms, themes and home replacements and making it all work with the internal ram limits will soon be your bain.

I'm not sure how much I'd use HDMI out, but I should think the possibility of hooking up an external 19" lcd and maybe a bluetooth keyboard would be very appealing.
  11. stanrc

stanrc New Member

I love verizons cell service and I hear great things about their personal service but I never see that. Anytime I go in the store and need something they make it a hassle for me. I dread going into a verizon store about as much as I dread going into the DMV.
  12. Fault

Fault New Member

I mean heres where I stand right now: I really like the droid. Coming from the LG dare, the Droid is a god send. I found that I really like the keyboard, I love the cool roms and themes, and its functionality is awesome. I have heard great things about it, but I want to try it on my own. I have no intrest in watching videos or listening to music on it, thats what my ipod and laptop are for, I really am just intrested in the internet, and playing games. In the end, I decided I was more intrested in a full keyboard as opposed to the extra .5 inches. I want to play with the droid and if I find any real brick walls, Ill really consider the droid x, but im pretty sure ill like the droid
  13. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I think the potential concerns have been pretty well outlined already:

1. Restocking fee
    2. Possibility of slipping release date

If you're ok with those then by all means go ahead.

If, on the other hand, you're like most people in that you feel entitled to the latest and greatest, I'd suggest waiting.
  14. Fault

Fault New Member

Yea, after thinking about it, im ok. I have a brother who doesnt want to upgrade his phone may steal his upgrade if he doesnt use it
  15. mrgoochio

mrgoochio New Member

Then you'll be forced to use his phone #, wont you? BTW, won't droid 2 have a keyboard?
  16. Fault

Fault New Member

Droid 2 is way to far off for me to even consider. And no, I can use his upgrade for my phone number
  17. spawn9859

spawn9859 New Member

Verizon is awesome and so is their CS. I bought 4 Gateway netbooks the other week, went back to verizon and saw some newer/better one by HP and immediately asked if I could bring my netbooks in and do a trade off and i would pay the difference. I brought them up and the store was 15 minutes away from closing. EVERY ONE of the customer service reps stayed 45 minutes after they were supposed to get off work to help me switch them over. They seemed happy to do whatever you need. They were tag teaming those netbooks too LOL it was awesome and I now know I will never go to anyother provider.
  18. joker402

joker402 New Member

You won't have to use his number, he's just gonna get the contract.

Alternate upgrade is what its called.
  19. mrgoochio

mrgoochio New Member

Ah Cool thanks
  20. kb24

kb24 New Member

Verizon Wireless has a 30 day worry free guarantee. What this means is that you can purchase any phone that you like and test it out for 30 days. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with this purchase, you can return the phone and get 100% of your money back with NO restocking fee. You can also exchange the phone and if the other phone you're interested in is more expensive, all you would have to do is pay the difference.

You can read more about this here: Worry Free GuaranteeĀ® - Verizon Wireless (But basically it's what I mentioned above)

You can try the Droid X for 30 days as well and see if you're comfortable with the all touch screen keyboard.
Search tags for this page

droid 2 is a piece of crap

droid x 2 piece of crap