Not sure where to ask this question...

jtlucas

Reaction score
My contract with Verizon expires on the 21st of this month. I am waiting patiently for that day so I can qualify for the additional discount to order a new phone (Droid X-CPO) through their website. In the mean time, I have found on Wirefly.com the ability to order a brand new Droid X for free.

My question is - Does anyone have any experience ordering through wirefly, and if so does it work just as well as ordering through the official Verizon website?

Thanks for the feedback...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are tons of threads on Wirefly that you can refer to. As with any 3rd party reseller, read and understand the fine print.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are tons of threads on Wirefly that you can refer to. As with any 3rd party reseller, read and understand the fine print.
I second that. For one thing, they have their own ETF in addition to the VZW one.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I second that. For one thing, they have their own ETF in addition to the VZW one.

Make sure you understand what Vulcan just said...

OP
J

jtlucas

Reaction score

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Make sure you understand what Vulcan just said...

I don't think I do. What's ETF? Are the threads on here?
ETF = Early Termination Fee = An additional charge that you have to pay to not only the carrier (Verizon), but also to the reseller (Wirefly)...this can realistically strap you with an excess of $500 in fees if you cancel the contract on that line earlier than you are supposed to.

Also, I believe it is Wirefly that mandates a 180 day period of time where you can not adjust the line package on the line that gets that new Droid X...meaning you can go up or down in minutes/data packagages...without gaining a new fee of some sort. So again, as Vulcan said...Read the Fine Print Very Carefully!