Exchange droid for driod x? Verizon Question

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Then you'll be forced to use his phone #, wont you? BTW, won't droid 2 have a keyboard?
Droid 2 is way to far off for me to even consider. And no, I can use his upgrade for my phone number

spawn9859

Reaction score
Verizon is awesome and so is their CS. I bought 4 Gateway netbooks the other week, went back to verizon and saw some newer/better one by HP and immediately asked if I could bring my netbooks in and do a trade off and i would pay the difference. I brought them up and the store was 15 minutes away from closing. EVERY ONE of the customer service reps stayed 45 minutes after they were supposed to get off work to help me switch them over. They seemed happy to do whatever you need. They were tag teaming those netbooks too LOL it was awesome and I now know I will never go to anyother provider.

joker402

Reaction score
You won't have to use his number, he's just gonna get the contract.

Alternate upgrade is what its called.

kb24

Reaction score
Verizon Wireless has a 30 day worry free guarantee. What this means is that you can purchase any phone that you like and test it out for 30 days. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with this purchase, you can return the phone and get 100% of your money back with NO restocking fee. You can also exchange the phone and if the other phone you're interested in is more expensive, all you would have to do is pay the difference.

You can read more about this here: Worry Free Guarantee® - Verizon Wireless (But basically it's what I mentioned above)

You can try the Droid X for 30 days as well and see if you're comfortable with the all touch screen keyboard.

shytnik

Reaction score
I was doing some checking on this myself. I'm about 10 days into my 30 day period and was thinking I might want the X. I like the bigger screen but don't want it so big it's impossible to carry. I did some checking and found out the X is 5.0 x 2.6 x .47. I drew that out on a piece of paper and it looked huge. Then I sat my incredible down on it and realize it's not all that much bigger. The incredible is 4.6 x 2.3 x .47. So not tremendously larger a footprint to get a much larger screen Incredible 3.7/X 4.3.

The X supposedly has a longer battery life , although the incredible has a 1300 mAh battery and you can buy a 1750 mAh for $49 online. The X has a 1570 and I'm not sure yet if you can get a stronger one.

The incredible runs the 1Ghz Snapdragon processor and the X has the 1Ghz Texas Instruments OMAP 3630 processor. I don't know which is better, but at 1Ghz neither are slow.

Both have 8 megapixel cameras but the X has an actual shutter and therefore takes better pics. It also records video in HD 720p and has an HDMI out port. Rumor has it that the Incredible will get an over the air update in the next month that will allow it to do 720p as well, plus the tethering that Droid X now has.

The Incredible comes with a 2GB card and can take 16GB. The X comes with 16 and can take 32. With the 8GB internal that gives you a capacity of 24GB on the incredible and 40GB on the X.

The one place I am not sold is that the X is a Motorola and the incredible is HTC. I think HTC makes a better phone and the Motorola supposedly has some unique to Motorola things in the OS that make it clunkier.

I'm leaning toward going to the Droid X, but I really want to get my hands on it to decide. Unfortunately that will put me right up against my window.

Techno Droid

Reaction score
I love my moto droid! The droid x is very snappy, but if you plan on having your whole life in one device, just go with the droid x! Before you know it they'll have like a 2 for 1 or the phone will be marked downed for half the price! Moto droid is about to have an ota update. With that happening, moto droid will still be a very good device to have! There's other devices you could've had that kinda function like the droid x. I say start with what started first and work your way up! I will soon also upgrade to droid x when the time is right! Goode luck DRRROOOOOOOIIIIIID!!!

QuickSilver98

Reaction score
Honestly, I can't stand the skins that these companies feel the need to put over android. especially motoblur (yes I know the droid x doesn't run motoblur but runs a variant of it). I'd rather have stock android. So that's a turn off for me. also, the differences between the Droid and the Droid x don't seem big enough for me to upgrade yet. The X runs 2.1. My droid has 2.2. So that would be a downgrade. And since moto put their skin on the X who knows how long it would take to upgrade to 2.2. My droid is overclocked to 1ghz an runs great. The only huge difference would be the memory. I'd rather wait till later this year when Android 3 (or 2.3) comes out and there is a bigger gap in hardware before I upgrade (dual core processors? 4G?)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk