upgrade/exchange question

matt9481

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently able to upgrade my phone, and I'm looking into getting a droid. My current phone is broken, so I'm having trouble deciding if I should wait for the X or just get the Droid now.

My question is, can I get the Droid now, and then return it to upgrade to the X when it comes out, so long as its within the 30 day policy? and would I incur any fees in addition to the $35 restocking fee?

robyr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently able to upgrade my phone, and I'm looking into getting a droid. My current phone is broken, so I'm having trouble deciding if I should wait for the X or just get the Droid now.

My question is, can I get the Droid now, and then return it to upgrade to the X when it comes out, so long as its within the 30 day policy? and would I incur any fees in addition to the $35 restocking fee?

No additional fees, and I am in the same boat. Just picked my Droid up on Friday, and I am on the fence about the Droid X. The original Droid has such a following and a dev community built around it that I will wait to see how the early adopters fair in the running. If someone successfully roots the DX, and is able to work around some of its failings (signed bootloader, motoblur sucking, etc) I will take the plunge and return my Droid.

OP
M

matt9481

Reaction score
so what price will I pay to upgrade to the X?

And it would be new, not refurbished?

robyr

Reaction score
Obviously you pay the upgrade price, just as you did for the droid, plus the 50 or whatever dollars extra the DX costs. Why in the WORLD would a brand new phone come refurbished? The don't have any to refurb...

erikfig

Reaction score
Like I say, with new devices come's big BUGS. I will wait until they sure the X is stable and reliable.