Can I return my droid?

Noogums

Reaction score
I went to verizon today and they are sending me a new moto droid in the mail and they say I have to send my old one out. The receipt they gave me for the new droid has the 30 day return policy on the bottom. When the new droid comes, couldn't I just bring it up to verizon, pay the 35 restocking fee, and get a different phone of equal value?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure try call Verizon.

uscjoel

Reaction score
let me know what you find out!!! :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not if you've actually had the Droid over 30 days. The original one.

You are under warranty. Some writing on a receipt is not going to change the history of your droid in the computer.

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
When I activate the new droid though, wouldn't it be treated as a new device? (Which would include the 30 day return policy)

nerdkill

Reaction score
if you payed for it then it would be a new device you could return, but it's a replacement. i would give it a go though, you might get lucky since you have that receipt. it is weird if it really does say that.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When I activate the new droid though, wouldn't it be treated as a new device? (Which would include the 30 day return policy)

no the 30 day return policy only applies from the date you signed or renewed a contract.

the 30 day notice your seeing is a 30 day warranty on the replacement phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

no the 30 day return policy only applies from the date you signed or renewed a contract.

Yea, They will bust you on that when they look at your account on their system.

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
I'll definitely try it and post back here. The receipt says it was shipped with 2 day FedEx so I should have my answer soon :p

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll definitely try it and post back here. The receipt says it was shipped with 2 day FedEx so I should have my answer soon :p

Won't work, already had a customer try it. The WFG goes by the actual purchase of a new phone...not necessarily a contract renewal because you get the return/exchange period on phones purchased at full retail too.

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score

the 30 day notice your seeing is a 30 day warranty on the replacement phone.

Aaaahh...I understand it now.

I feel though that with my people skills and a little bit of persistence and negotiation I could get them to change my device.

The receipt shows i was charged $0 for fedex 2 day, a warranty, return label and something with a bunch of letters/numbers that i was charged nothing for.

Then it shows the return policy at the bottom.

I feel like I could win this one ;)

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
Won't work, already had a customer try it. The WFG goes by the actual purchase of a new phone...not necessarily a contract renewal because you get the return/exchange period on phones purchased at full retail too.

whoa whoa, this exchange didn't renew my contract did it?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good luck! The policy isn't a Rep policy but a Verizon policy so "people" skills are irrelevant. Otherwise, you could switch phones whenever you want. Btw, the 30 days is many for DOA exchanges on replacement phones. Basically, when you signed the original contract, it was signed on the service AND your phone.

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
No sir you're fine

hahha oh thank god.

Well, I understand now. I mean, I'm grateful I'm even getting a new droid. They couldn't re create my issue so they didn't want to replace it but the woman there was nice and I was polite and got my way, rightfully.

I wont waste my time and their's then going up then. One more question- when I send my old droid back, can I keep the micro sd it came with?