activivation fee and return policy question

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
Hi guys, yesterday I got my first Droid, the Moto D1.

Today I get home and the Droid 2 is officially released. I feel kind of jipped that the day after I buy my phone, a new one comes out.

On top of that my droid that I bought came with 2.0 and verizon says I won't be able to get 2.1, I have to wait for 2.2

I bought the phone from an authorized verizon dealer, but not the verizon store (because it was $70 cheaper there)

My question is, if I return the phone, and get the droid 2, will I have to pay another activation fee? I know it costs like $35 and they put it on your monthly bill. So if I went in there I pay the $30 and get my $80 back. then I want to go and buy the droid 2, I pay the $200. So i've lost $30, will I have to pay 2 activation fees?

Also how long do I have to return it?

iDr0id

Reaction score
Id assume you would need to pay the activation again. Plus a restocking fee, 35 dollars. And from verizon, you have 30 days to return. Oh and if you return it, you will be charged a 35 dollar restocking fee.

iDr0id

Reaction score
so, that is if you return yours, ($35), and activate a new one ($35) and then buy a new droid (199). Your looking at 270 for a droid 2, before tax. Plus you already would have lost 35 from the droid you first activated. So thats 305 dollars. Go to verizon, maybe they can work something out for you

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
that a bunch off bull... how is it $35 to restock? So ripped off on all the random side charges.....they should make up a "walk in the store" fee too. And maybe a "you spoke to me" fee....

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
If you're not averse to doing this to a brand new phone you could always install the ESE81 SBF to bring your phone to the stock 2.1 install - and then wait for the 2.2 OTA.

OP
R

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
that a bunch off bull... how is it $35 to restock? So ripped off on all the random side charges.....they should make up a "walk in the store" fee too. And maybe a "you spoke to me" fee....

$35 extra activiation AND $30 restock -> $65 :( just because my phone stopped working and I couldn't go 2 extra days w/o one. My phone is mint condition too.

Your totally right, they probably would charge you an hourly fee for standing inside the store.

iDr0id

Reaction score
oh so its a 30 dollar restock. I just talked to a rep the other day when i bought my dx, but it tends to go in one and out the other

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
oh so its a 30 dollar restock. I just talked to a rep the other day when i bought my dx, but it tends to go in one and out the other
No, it's $35 for the restocking fee. If you're a "valued" customer, CS at *611 will sometimes credit your account the $35 fee. What valued means is anybodies guess.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, it's $35 for the restocking fee. If you're a "valued" customer, CS at *611 will sometimes credit your account the $35 fee. What valued means is anybodies guess.

Thats great. "Valued". SO NOT EVERY CUSTOMER IS VALUED? Hahahaha. WTF, That interesting CS.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Well we knew the droid 2 was coming out soon. If I were you, I would have just waited. Call them up and find out

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tist006

Reaction score
Meh, I just got mine within the week also. I should have checked beforehand. I think I'm going to return it and get the D2 this weekend.

(cant wait for the 100 in fees..)