EQ/DSP for Android!!

Elitimus

Reaction score
Here is a little something that the Crystal Clear Roms team may want to think about incorporating into their next release. Link I just installed it and it works fine with Sapphire 1.0 I am only able to test using the phone speaker at the moment but it does work and is a must have feature for our phones. Just passing it along. Hope its not old news.

Elitimus

microsnook

Reaction score
Here is a little something that the Crystal Clear Roms team may want to think about incorporating into their next release. Link I just installed it and it works fine with Sapphire 1.0 I am only able to test using the phone speaker at the moment but it does work and is a must have feature for our phones. Just passing it along. Hope its not old news.

Elitimus

Thats pretty sweet!
Wouldnt mind seeing that incorporated as well...

Maybe another idea could be the size of the battery percents? Some percents are too large or battery icons.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What exactly did you install? I can't find anything to install in the form of an .apk

OP
E

Elitimus

Reaction score
Further down on the page there is a zip file that you install like an update.zip from recovery. Be sure to back-up the file that is suggested on the page in case you run into issues.

Elitimus

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Further down on the page there is a zip file that you install like an update.zip from recovery. Be sure to back-up the file that is suggested on the page in case you run into issues.

Elitimus
Cool thank you! Trying it out now!

shocka2430

Reaction score
i just downloaded to my computer and pulled the apk out and moved to my phone and installed. Little easier then update.zip and then you can just uninstall if you dont like it.

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
head to bugs.ccroms.net and make a feature request, be sure to provide links and all pertinant data. it shouldn't be too hard to do.

as much as everyone suggests etc the only way for us to keep track of it is through the bug tracker.

OP
E

Elitimus

Reaction score
i just downloaded to my computer and pulled the apk out and moved to my phone and installed. Little easier then update.zip and then you can just uninstall if you dont like it.

That won't work i don't think. a file in the lib folder needs to be modified for it to work. the apk portion is only part of the what the zip file does.

Elitimus

Last edited:
OP
E

Elitimus

Reaction score
head to bugs.ccroms.net and make a feature request, be sure to provide links and all pertinant data. it shouldn't be too hard to do.

as much as everyone suggests etc the only way for us to keep track of it is through the bug tracker.

Didn't realize you could also do feature requests from there. Will do.

Elitimus

shocka2430

Reaction score
That could be true. I installed it I will test it out in a few and let y'all know if it works.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Works well on speaker phone...but when I connected it to my head unit in my car had less than desireable effects. The compression settings worked well. Helped it sound more like it was being transmitted via live radio. But when I enabled the EQ, I got all kinds of feedback/screetching noise. Did the obvious of changing different frequencies to different levels. Still no-go.
I did remember awhile back some people had issues when running at higher speeds on the phone with the stock player. So I made sure I was running a stock 550Mhz kernel. Just couldn't get it to work properly. Technically I was using it as a line-out, not sure if that makes a difference than using headphones.

Just my results. Maybe others will have better luck.

sentientchimp

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could share any of the EQ settings that they've been using. I'm not very experienced with configuring audio equipment, and I can't seem to find a sound that I'm satisfied with. Any general guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mjones73

Reaction score
Anyone having issues loading the latest version? I just hang on boot if I install it as an update.zip. If I manually move DSPManager.apk to /system/app it never shows on my drawer.

I had version 14 installed previously and it's working fine.