Sapphire - touch screen problems

temchik

Reaction score
Hi There,

I've had Sapphire 1.0.0 for a while and it's the best ROM I've ever tried. But then, I had to do a warranty exchange on my phone and when I installed Sapphire 1.1.1 on the replacement device I noticed that the touch screen is not as responsive as it was on the old one.

For example (and it happens more in the upper section) - I click a button and it would highlight it as if it was going to be pressed and then nothing. Sometimes I have to hit things 2, 3 or more times just to register a click.

I then reverted back to my nandroid backup of 1.0.0 and same thing, but to a lesser extent.

I then reverted to rooted stock FRG22D image the phone came with and so far I can say the screen responds as normal, all my clicks register just fine.

There must be something different about this particular phone, but the fact that it works fine with FRG22D makes me believe it may be some driver issue between Sapphire and my phone...

Anybody else experienced this?

Thanks!
Art

wingdo

Reaction score
What launcher are you using? If not stock, give stock a try to see if that solves your issue. From a terminal window:

su
switchapk launcher stock

I have noticed this a few times with ADW and I just figured it was an ADW issue.

OP
T

temchik

Reaction score
LauncherPro, but this is not just on home screen, it's everywhere

OP
T

temchik

Reaction score
Actually I saw this immediately after installing Sapphire, at that point I had nothing but the ROM itself, wiped everything

wingdo

Reaction score
Actually I saw this immediately after installing Sapphire, at that point I had nothing but the ROM itself, wiped everything

I've had some issues occasionally with having to touch application icons a couple times to get them to work. I've also had consistent and frequent problems with the "play" button on my Klondike game. I never really thought a lot about it. But for the heck of it, this week I've been playing with CM nightlys, and it hit me about 10 minutes ago that I've not had this issue since. I figured I'd just pop this tidbit into the thread.