Sapphire 1.0.0 home screen scrolling

tameone

Reaction score
Home screen scrolling on Sapphire 1.0.0 is a little bit choppy compared to the last two built from source roms I've used (lith mod, insane nemesis). Any suggestions how to smooth things out a bit? I mainly run ADW launcher. Using stock 1GHZ kernel

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Governor set to conservative or ondemand?

Sent from my Droid

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
Set to ondemand. I've tried running just setCPU and just the cpu settings in gem settings.. both with same results.

Not much has changed in my setups other than the ROM. Before I was using P3Droids 125-1GHz LV kernels and now the cvpcs custom 125-1GHz LV kernel. ADW launcher with same settings, same widgets, wallpaper, etc.

I'd like to sort this out because other than the slight choppiness on homescreens, everything is basically perfect.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use ADW and am not noticing any "choppiness" in home screen scrolling.

Not sure how to advise besides recommending setting scroll speed to 0.

BTW, I use the same kernel (stock) - default profile in SetCPU is 600/1000.

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
Well, scrolling speed 0 certainly gets rid of the chop but thats because there is basically no more animation to be choppy :) I like it around 700.

It's not very noticeable at all.. I think I can only notice because the scrolling on the last ROM(s) I used was extremely smooth.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, scrolling speed 0 certainly gets rid of the chop but thats because there is basically no more animation to be choppy :) I like it around 700.

It's not very noticeable at all.. I think I can only notice because the scrolling on the last ROM(s) I used was extremely smooth.

I guess play around with the speeds a little bit, might improve matters.

No offense, but I don't know how you live with speed=700. ;)

joemustang

Reaction score
did you wipe before switching to this rom. mine did the same thing. I didn't wipe the first time and thought this was a horrible rom because of how choppy the home screens were. then I did a wipe data and screens were super smooth. Also I switched from Standard voltage to increased voltage.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I guess play around with the speeds a little bit, might improve matters.

No offense, but I don't know how you live with speed=700. ;)

I put it around ~170-200. Still some scroll to it, but not as slow as 700...

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
700 is close to stock I guess.. never annoyed me so I never really changed it :)

Yes, I wiped 3x, then installed base + gapps, then booted and let everything sync, then changed fonts, rebooted, installed Gala S theme.

The choppiness isn't horrible, just noticeable compared to others built from AOSP, and therefore, a little annoying. I could try a fresh install.

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
Set the scrolling speed to 450, which helps hide the problem, but still looking for a true solution!