email notification

Johnhimm

Reaction score
When your in your email hit your menu key and you will get an option for "email settings" you can change your notifications there.

michelle4439

Reaction score
When I get an email there is a pink led light that blinks and I don't know how to remove or change it. I just would like a differnt color led. I use the handcent app and I have a pink led set for text messages which actually doesn't even work now. None of the led lights work on my droid x with that app. I also used handcent on my motorola droid with no issues but am having a few issues with the app on the x. Thanks for the fast response.

Humpa

Reaction score
Doesn't handcent control the email notification too? Or does it have that ability?
It sounds like the OP already had something installed to change the color of the led, which is problem. He needs to turn that off. Right?

michelle4439

Reaction score
Use k9 which is free from the market. You can turn the light off or change its color

I just downloaded k9. I have yahoo mail. Do you disable the default setting notifications? I did?? I have new emails and I did not get a notification on my phone?

Doesn't handcent control the email notification too? Or does it have that ability?
It sounds like the OP already had something installed to change the color of the led, which is problem. He needs to turn that off. Right?

The only app I have is handcent and I don't think it does email notifications. I don't have another app and that is my question how do I turn off or change whatever it is that is making the pink light come on.

Humpa

Reaction score
Use k9 which is free from the market. You can turn the light off or change its color

I just downloaded k9. I have yahoo mail. Do you disable the default setting notifications? I did?? I have new emails and I did not get a notification on my phone?

The only app I have is handcent and I don't think it does email notifications. I don't have another app and that is my question how do I turn off or change whatever it is that is making the pink light come on.
You just said you downloaded K9 and now have new emails and did not get notification. Isn't that what you want?

michelle4439

Reaction score
I am sorry maybe I am confusing everyone... I want a notification. I just want to be able to change the color of the led and I don't know how.

Humpa

Reaction score
I am sorry maybe I am confusing everyone... I want a notification. I just want to be able to change the color of the led and I don't know how.
I believe the app called "Missed Call" can do that for calls, emails and sms.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

Right, if you set it up in K9, then you should probably disable them anyplace else. Note, the LED only flashes if the screen is off.

1lowranger

Reaction score
my gmail and yahoo are set up and working fine and i get a notification in my in the notification bar but there is no audible notification for either acout they are set to use default notification rinton the volume is up and the phone is not on silent. any ideas?

1lowranger

Reaction score
been workin on this a little seem it just yahoo not giving an audible notification dont get this im using the stock email app

ajeetsk9

Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased my galaxy s4 yesterday. I have set up my email. But everytime to receive a mail i need to refresh my email account on s4. I dont recve email notifications. Can someone pls help me ?