How to stop the vibrate?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
When I turn the phone off then on again, the phone reverts back to vibrate which is audible. I only use loud ring off work or silent at work. I hate that I have to go back into settings to change it to silent. The Razr used to stay in silent or ring only pre- ICS.

Any ideas on how to get it work again?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
EA.Droyd said:
When I turn the phone off then on again, the phone reverts back to vibrate which is audible. I only use loud ring off work or silent at work. I hate that I have to go back into settings to change it to silent. The Razr used to stay in silent or ring only pre- ICS.

Any ideas on how to get it work again?

I have not had that problem, i do however like to have the ability to change to silent quickly. First, you can simply hold the power key like toy are turning the phone off and select "silent", "vibrate", or "ring" at the bottom of the screen that pops up. I also have HD widgets app so i can put switches on my home screen.(see pic) then i set up a smart action to silent my phone between 9 am and 5 pm so i don't forget to silence it at work. I know this isn't fixing your problem, but it will make it easier to deal with.

ForumRunner_20121009_071108.png

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
O
I have not had that problem, i do however like to have the ability to change to silent quickly. First, you can simply hold the power key like toy are turning the phone off and select "silent", "vibrate", or "ring" at the bottom of the screen that pops up. I also have HD widgets app so i can put switches on my home screen.(see pic) then i set up a smart action to silent my phone between 9 am and 5 pm so i don't forget to silence it at work. I know this isn't fixing your problem, but it will make it easier to deal with.

View attachment 56979
Thanks for the reply. I never noticed those toggles when pressing and holding power. That will work, I used to silence from the unlock screen. Great looking widgets btw, would work with beautiful widgets? Also, how did you do away with the labels under the stock icons?
Thanks again for your reply.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I'm using nova launcher, and those are my dock icons. But you can select for the launcher not to show labels

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'm using nova launcher, and those are my dock icons. But you can select for the launcher not to show labels

Can I remove the labels from stock os? I'm only using beautiful widgets.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
EA.Droyd said:
Can I remove the labels from stock os? I'm only using beautiful widgets.

I am using the stock OS. With a third party launcher. I would recommend trying nova launcher (no root or OS needed) if you like messing with the look and feel. Nova us very close to stock ice cream sandwich with added customization

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Plus you can add/remove home screen pages. The only thing i didn't like was that you can't add widgets from the app drawer. You have to add them manually like on previous Android versions

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I just thought of something, you might have a smart action that is changing your phone to vibrate. Go into smart actions, and check if any are active, and if so, what they do

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
E
I just thought of something, you might have a smart action that is changing your phone to vibrate. Go into smart actions, and check if any are active, and if so, what they do
Good idea, I'll check that out. However, I've not to my knowledge ever used the vibrate function. I never had much luck with smart actions anyway, so I stopped using it altogether. Never thought it was useful and considered it junk. I had tried to get it to turn off wifi when I left home turn on Bluetooth for my commute to work, arrive at work turn Bluetooth off as well as switch the ringer to silent. Turn the ringer back on once I leave turn on Bluetooth and turn on wifi once at home. I guess I was asking to much from a phone. So, other than that, I don't have a use for smart actions. I don't know what good it's for other than taking up space on my phone.
I have however been using your suggested method of changing ring to silent by pressing the power button. That will work fine for now.
Problem could have something to do with ICS. I did do two factory resets as well as periodically wiping the cache. I just don't remember having this difficulty on ginger bread.
Thanks again for your help with this as no one else had chimed in with any ideas.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Smart actions have worked well for me, i haven't used location actions since i usually keep gps/location services off. I use it to turn of mobiles data when connected to wifi, to change screen brightness brighter and enable auto sync when it's plugged in, and to silent the phone from 9-5. It's not like i couldn't live without it, but it is convenient for some things

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Sounds like it can be useful, perhaps I just haven't played around with it enough.