phone wont stop alert tone

cobbcj7

Reaction score
My phone just keeps "droid"ing for no reason.. i have to remain on silent/vibrate at all times
Is this something that is silently draining my battery?
Lmao, as im typing this i turned phone volume up to just check, and, droid droid droid... droid droid... droid droid droid
So its back on silent again

saleni01

Reaction score
This happens to me to and I have rebooted...so annoying.. I need help!!!!.lol

OP
C

cobbcj7

Reaction score
droid droid droid!

Reboot shmeboot! Droid! Droid! Dri0d! DROID!
Nothing fixes it except that i have terrible hearing so keeping it on vibrate is a must with me anyways, but that doesnt excuse the bull**** alerts does it?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It is a status thing, making sure everyone knows you have an awesome phone :)

If you go to Settings and then Sound and scroll down. Do you have Network Lost Tone checked? Same for Roaming Tone? I think the Network Lost tone usually says "Verizon" or something but it could be confused.

Have you tried a hard rest instead of just rebooting? Press the volume down and then the power button for 10 seconds?

sonik

Reaction score
I had a similar issue, well perhaps not. I had an old weekly reminder set, it went off, I'd hit dismiss. But this time a few minutes later it came *droiding* back.. took me a minute to figure out what it was. For some odd reason it would pop up in the notification bar just long enough to "droid" and disappear?". I deleted it and 'all future events' from my calendar, no luck.. droid>droid>droiOMG! Rebooted, no change...

Decided to try catching the little bugger in the actual notification bar and delete it from my calendar (tho already did this o.0) from there to stop the madness.. Yay, it worked! Probably not related but just what I've experienced..

tmacinaus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
GOT IT! I had a repeating tone driving me crazy and after checking the forums it appeared that the only option was to turn to silent.

Just figured out that it is happening because I recently added one of those card holders to the case to hold a credit or access card. The problem is that the new phones can act as a paywave / proximity card and reader, so when I have a credit card or other electronic proximity card next to the phone, the unit notifies you again and again that the card has been read.

Solution: Remove the card! :rolleyes: