email notification

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Even though I have it turned on silent I still get "droid" when I get an email. Any idea how to turn it off?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to make sure I understand correctly. Do you have the phone set to silent and still receive the Droid or do you have email notifications set to silent and you still receive the Droid notification.

What email app are you using? Do you have more than one email account active on your Droid?

Mike

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
I have only one email account and I want no email notification other than the one in the notification bar on the screen and the blinking light. No sounds.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Understand. Can you tell me -- Do you have the phone set to silent and still receive the Droid or do you have email notifications set to silent and you still receive the Droid notification.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK the email notifications are controlled via the email app. If you are using the stock app tap menu, tap settings, check the email notification , select ringtone and select silent.
If you already have those settings in place tap menu , tap settings, tap sound & display,
and look to see how your notification ringtone is set. I believe the default is Droid so switch to silent.

Mike

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What email app are you using?

Also in menu>settings>sound and display is the Droid ringtone selected? If it is, move up the options and select silent.

That may help, but the reason I think Mike (and I) may have been asking what email app do you use is that I use Touchdown and made my notification selection for my email alerts from within the application.

Not sure if this is clear as mud or helps at all. . .

eone

Reaction score
outlook email notification

I have a similar problem. I'm in my email program and go to settings where there are 3 notification items. I keep the notify me on the status bar and go to select ringtone and put it on silent and remove the vibrate. I leave that screen and the phone automatically puts both items back to the original vibrate and sounds. Done this about 20 times.

paulmac

Reaction score
Same here, two e-mail accounts using the default e-mail program. I set the a different notification sound for 1 e-mail account, and that works correctly no problem. But the 2nd account I keep choosing a different tone, and it keeps reverting back to default. Very very annoying. :mad:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a general request for this thread -- could you please be very clear about which email app? Is it the one actually named "Email" or another? It really helps those that are trying to assist with troubleshooting as otherwise they have to operate on assumptions which may or may not be correct.

eone

Reaction score
Outlook email

I don't use gmail just my work email that goes through Outlook and our exchange server.

paulmac

Reaction score
Same here, two e-mail accounts using the default e-mail program. I set the a different notification sound for 1 e-mail account, and that works correctly no problem. But the 2nd account I keep choosing a different tone, and it keeps reverting back to default. Very very annoying. :mad:

I am using the default e-mail account, the one that says email. I have two accounts set up in there one for work and one for my private e-mail.

Last edited:

ffej89

Reaction score
I use roid 1.0 for yahoo mail and i get mail almost every half hr. Is there a way i can turn off the notification for just the email?

Danzig

Reaction score
When you are in Yahoo mail on your phone, click on menu and then settings, there should be an option to turn it off.

ffej89

Reaction score
Damn i forgot about that menu button again! Thanks for the tip