Gmail notifications sound UNSOLVED

rhellics

Reaction score
I'm a new RAZR user, but not a new smartphone user.

I've read all the forums and tried all the suggestions in an effort to silence the Gmail notifications, but none of them solve the problem.

I would like to turn off the notification sound for Gmail emails, but not for text messages.

I have the phone setup for email through the Gmail app.

I have tried going into Gmail>menu>more>settings>[email protected]> scroll down to Email notifications. I've tried unchecking the notifications. I've tried leaving it checked and going into "Labels to notify" and turning the sounds to silent. I've tried unchecking the notifications with the Labels to notify all set to silent.

Nothing turns off the the notification sound when I receive a new email.

I've read about recording a silent ringtone, going into menu>settings>Sound>Notification ringtone, and selecting that silent ringtone, but not only is that a huge PITA, it will also make notifications for text messages silent.

It doesn't seem that I can be the only one with this problem.

Has anyone solved this problem on the RAZR?

OP
R

rhellics

Reaction score
I've figured it out.

I also had K-9 Mail installed, and it was doing the notifications. After uninstalling K-9, the notifications stopped.

wushu1

Reaction score
I have the opposite. I would like to set a separate notification sound for my gmail, just like I had for my original droid1. 1 sound for text and another for gmail app. This one on the Razr doesn't seem to give the option.

wushu1

Reaction score
Good looking out.. That was right on the money. I wonder why they felt the need to bury this simple option so deep.