Issues with text messaging vibration!

droidrazr13

Reaction score
For text messages I like to have them vibrate and not have a ringtone. I went in Messaging Settings and checked vibrate. For the ringtone I also checked silent. But every time I recieve a text message the LED light will flash and it will show up in the notification bar, but it won't vibrate. When I check the vibrate and ring option in the sound settings, the phone will vibrate for text messages, but it will also vibrate on calls and I don't want that. I've had this problem some time after I recieved the Ice Cream Sandwich update, I believe.

Battleshield

Reaction score
Im not having vibration issies with texting but after allowing the VZ ICS upgrade 3 days ago ive had a rough time with the stock keyboard freezing then disappearing, leaving me with a partial message and flashing cursor waiting for my next input on the now not-present keyboard...

Ive noticed significant general performance issue with screen transitions, most games or animations, etc.

magnexor

Reaction score
I have the same issue as OP. I have Android 2.3.4 on my Bionic. Have tried factory resets, toggled every setting that has to do with vibrate but it just won't work. The difference between me and OP is that my phone still won't vibrate for texts even when I set it to "Always vibrate" in sound settings, though it will vibrate for calls. This is really bad for me since in the past I have left my phone almost perpetually in silent mode. I have no third-party apps installed. Anyone have any ideas?