1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issues with text messaging vibration!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by droidrazr13, Jul 8, 2012.

1. droidrazr13

droidrazr13 New Member

For text messages I like to have them vibrate and not have a ringtone. I went in Messaging Settings and checked vibrate. For the ringtone I also checked silent. But every time I recieve a text message the LED light will flash and it will show up in the notification bar, but it won't vibrate. When I check the vibrate and ring option in the sound settings, the phone will vibrate for text messages, but it will also vibrate on calls and I don't want that. I've had this problem some time after I recieved the Ice Cream Sandwich update, I believe.
  2. Battleshield

Battleshield New Member

Im not having vibration issies with texting but after allowing the VZ ICS upgrade 3 days ago ive had a rough time with the stock keyboard freezing then disappearing, leaving me with a partial message and flashing cursor waiting for my next input on the now not-present keyboard...

Ive noticed significant general performance issue with screen transitions, most games or animations, etc.
  3. magnexor

magnexor New Member

I have the same issue as OP. I have Android 2.3.4 on my Bionic. Have tried factory resets, toggled every setting that has to do with vibrate but it just won't work. The difference between me and OP is that my phone still won't vibrate for texts even when I set it to "Always vibrate" in sound settings, though it will vibrate for calls. This is really bad for me since in the past I have left my phone almost perpetually in silent mode. I have no third-party apps installed. Anyone have any ideas?
Search tags for this page
android ics sms, vibrate with tone
droid razr and text vibrate
droid razr vibrate for text
droid razr vibrates when texting
droid razr wont stop vibrating on ring
how to turn off text vibrate on ice cream sandwich

htc thunderbolt wont vibrate

ice cream sandwich shut off vibrate for text

ice cream sandwich vibrate on notification

ics wont vibrate for messages
motorola droid razr vibrates and rings with text